advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Chelsea and Liverpool. Three excellent goals - one by Pulisic, as I mentioned before. A great dipping free kick from outside the box by City's De Bryne, which Kepa had no chance of saving. And then a fine penalty by Willian, who didn't buckle under the pressure.

Liverpool are easily the best team in the League. It's great to see the celebrations going on in the city. King Kenny has been accused of crying, but says he's got a glass eye.

Chelsea have to go above Leicester next.

Oh, and they need to get rid of Kepa. I think he's still the most expensive goal keeper in the world. One thing is for sure, he's really foolish sometimes.

Jack

Nice one Chelsea and Liverpool. Three excellent goals - one by Pulisic as I mentioned before. A great dipping free kick from outside the box by City's De Bryne, which Kepa had no chance of saving. And then a fine penalty by Willian, who didn't buckle under the pressure.

Liverpool are easily the best team in the League. It's great to see the celebrations going on in the city. King Kenny has been accused of crying, but says he's got a glass eye.

Chelsea have to go above Leicester next.

Oh, and they need to get rid of Kepa. I think he's still the most expensive goal keeper in the world, but one thing is for sure - he's a real fool sometimes.

Jack

Chelsea looked great today. Really strong team effort. Lampard is having a fine first season, and the team looks poised to compete for titles next year.

An emotional evening, well done Liverpool and thanks to those classy EPL clubs who congratulated the team this evening.

It’s just over 30 years since I lost my best friend in my arms at the Lepping Lane end In Sheffield and tonight I’ll raise a glass to lost friends & family together with Jurgen who will always have a special place in our history... it’s only footie but hey, it still matters
YNWA

Last edited:
Good results for us again in this round of games. So far we have gained more points (4) from our two games than the five teams below us have in total from eleven games (3 points). That leaves us six points clear with seven games to play plus easily the best goal difference. Much better than just 2 points clear. Three of those teams need to get at least 7 points more than us in the remaining games for us to go down.

I'm not expecting much from our next three home games (Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City) it depends how motivated they are, you never know. We have a good record against Utd at home in the Prem (P2 W2) but they are pushing for the top 4. Liverpool? Klopp will be up for it, will the players? Also City* should know their fate regarding Europe next season, what effect will that have?

The real shame is that I can't go and watch those games at the Amex, they are precisely the games supporters want to see, your team up against the best in the League.

The real banana skin is Norwich away, a game we should win but probably won't.

Our final three games are against teams that we should be competing with (Southampton, Newcastle and Burnley) so we should get something from those. If we don't it doesn't bode well for next season. If we do then I think we have the players to flourish next season.

Would be nice to get to 40+ points, even though we won't need that many to survive.

*City still owe us for the cleaning bill after the mess they made of our stadium with their end of season party last year.

To win it at only 31 games played* and with such a huge (current)points margin* is extraordinary. Fantastic season, fantastic performance. YNWA.
I think what's really happened here is that Liverpool have just continued with the fantastic form they showed in the 2018/2019 season when they were pipped for the title by City.
Conversely City's level has dropped quite dramatically when you consider they've lost 25% of their matches this season - the rest are nowhere near the level of mounting any type of challenge.
For me it was never in any doubt that Liverpool would absolutely walk it this season (I said as much) and next season could well be a repeat if City lose their appeal.
Congratulations to Liverpool on a fine season - well deserved champions.

Well done Livarpool.
Champions*
Cheers Bob.

Of course there asterisk is because;
Liverpool FC are the first team ever to simultaneously hold: - Premier League trophy - Champions League trophy - Super Cup - Club World Cup.
Liverpool have won the Premiership title with a record seven games to play. There are numerous other records that still can be broken this season.
As Barney Ronay said in today's Guardian. "No asterisk. No Caveats, and lets face it no contest....This was an annihilation "

YNWA.

Cheers Bob.

Of course there asterisk is because;
Liverpool FC are the first team ever to simultaneously hold: - Premier League trophy - Champions League trophy - Super Cup - Club World Cup.
Liverpool have won the Premiership title with a record seven games to play. There are numerous other records that still can be broken this season.
As Barney Ronay said in today's Guardian. "No asterisk. No Caveats, and lets face it no contest....This was an annihilation "

YNWA.
Looking forward to Guard of honour at City then a cracking game to follow.

It will be cool when Chelsea take the Premier League title off Liverpool next year, given we helped them to win it this season. I am sure Klopp knows this and won't get shirty.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back