advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early field walk.

Wife is baking a Ham.

New grandson in the house today. His legs are improving with daily physiotherapy, slow but sure. He has not reached one of his milestones (sitting up) but is making progress. He is a very smiley baby. We played 'This little Piggy..' for a while. He fell asleep on my chest.

Ham Night !

Well , today I know how a fly feels on fly paper , trying to paint a garage roof in 30 degrees is not sensible!! The knee pads stuck leaving foam...everything stuck. Think I will save up for a new roof next year !!

‘Going gliding’ seems to be today’s popular answer according to Plane Finder.

50044065442_b671b7949c_c.jpg

I’m pretty sure I saw a Red Kite doing the same over Marchbanks Towers a couple of hours ago. That’s three days in a row now - not quite close enough to be certain yet but if it is, it’s the first one I’ve seen here.

Working this morning. Off golfing later. Checked sun spray situation. Some had gone out of date. Plenty in tho, as I’m a delicate flower when it comes to the sun.

Piano practice going well. Aircon unit was a good investment. It’s sits above said instrument, and also had a dehumidifier setting. Humidity isn’t good for pianos. It’s not the heat that does for them, it’s humidity(Steinway UK).

back to office clearing 15 crates and counting - 0830 to 1200. enough. home and hot....

ventus is saying it is hot on the pole next to the garage

20200625_144356 by uh_simon, on Flickr

33 in the shade, 30 in the cats room 27 in here..........

Network crapped out leaving my VPN messed up lost data.....

Chicken leg and red mushrooms covered in a red powder cooked in a plastic bag with taties. Drinking Guinness and whinging on the Internet and keep muttering ffs it's too hot. And listening to alsorts of music. Bodily functions as usual, nose is running as well.

‘Going gliding’ seems to be today’s popular answer according to Plane Finder.

50044065442_b671b7949c_c.jpg

I’m pretty sure I saw a Red Kite doing the same over Marchbanks Towers a couple of hours ago. That’s three days in a row now - not quite close enough to be certain yet but if it is, it’s the first one I’ve seen here.
The releases around the country have been so successful. I guess mostly because gamekeepers understand that Kites scavenge dead food mostly and are far less of a threat to game than other birds of prey.
When were in Northants, it went so well we named our house 'Kite Hill' and here in SW Scotland we see them most days. 10 years back, when they released the first few, it was only 1 or 2 within 5 miles of the release. Now, 30 miles away it's daily as I say.
Lovely bird. Huge too.

8-10am sat with my legs out the balcony getting some early morning sun whilst drinking tea.

Then a hour and a half on the turbo trainer checking out some tweaks I made to riding position, whilst also waiting for a phone call about my van being fixed or not. It has so I can go and collect it tomorrow afternoon, it had jumped two cambelt teeth, so suppose lucky it didn't grenade itself but it still drove pretty normal aside from a slight lack of power!

Sat now with more tea watching youtube and posting rubbish on here.

hiding from the heat here...greenhouse registered 42c, blinds down and all windows open and a cool(er) E wind blowing in the door.
I don't really 'do' heat. Managed to mow however before the thunderstorms predicted for the next 3 days.

I was promised thunderstorms for tomorrow but by the forecast it's not happening now. We get nowt in the north east that's promised.

The releases around the country have been so successful. I guess mostly because gamekeepers understand that Kites scavenge dead food mostly and are far less of a threat to game than other birds of prey.
When were in Northants, it went so well we named our house 'Kite Hill' and here in SW Scotland we see them most days. 10 years back, when they released the first few, it was only 1 or 2 within 5 miles of the release. Now, 30 miles away it's daily as I say.
Lovely bird. Huge too.
I’m about 40 miles up the motorway from Oxford Services, where sightings have been routine for years. They must be spreading north slowly. I will welcome them with open arms if they scare some of the grating choir of sodding pigeons and jackdaws off.

60GB of files downloaded from Native Instruments I know I will never use 99% of this stuff. All I want is the organ, the decent piano and the horn section. That synth stuff is depressing the **** out of me. It always happens this way as well way too much stuff... then I look away and sodding Ableton Live is there as well... I'll never use that... & then a Rickenbacker Bass sim that I really feel queasy about exploring.

Get a grip girl, its just a keyboard, it'll let me finally score Klingon opera...

Last edited:
I don't use them, I mean I have so many synths I don't even know how to use now... I don't deal with choice paralysis well...

ooh £44 of voucher for the horn section I do want though, that’s ok. But there may be better choices out there so more homework is required

Don't think the chicken was cooked long enough but fekk it its in my belly now. Mushrooms were nice. Still a bit hungry but I'm trying to watch my figure .

if they scare some of the grating choir of sodding pigeons and jackdaws off.

we have loads here in Herts, see 5 or 6 or more every day. Sorry to tell you they dont scare nothing off. If you have crows you might see some spectacular mid air fights.....crows normally win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back