advertisement

The 'Wagatha Christie' affair is far from over ...

gassor

There may be more posts after this.
One of the most famous ellipses of modern times (Coleen's affirmation that "it's ... Rebekah Vardy's account") is set to blow the pandemic off the front pages around the planet. Once again we will all be glued to the telly news hour by hour to hear the latest developments in this £1m lawsuit. However, BBC News thinks it could all end up in an out of court settlement something I find unacceptable as everyone and their dog knows Colleen called it right.

I have heard of them, and really care little cos I am not a social media animal. But it is interesting to observe/watch in a kind of car crash way.

There may be an OOC settlement, not so sure myself. Both parties are 'sure' of their 'fame' and 'importance' which is quite amusing to behold. But what chance that RebeKaaaaah might pull some evidence that the tabloids were independently watching her account somehow? Could be another tabloid intrusion scandal after the phone hacking thing.

When I found out what the thing was about I thought it was great detective work and someone getting their just deserts. She could make a TV series out of similar stings

It is quite entertaining, gives people the opportunity to say “I’ve never heard of her” so validating their high cultural status.
For the avoidance of doubt, can I just say, here and now, that I've never heard of her, and I've never felt the need to validate my high cultural status, or to have it affirmed by a bunch of plonkers on a hi-fi forum. Really, what is the world coming to? Come on Tinkerbell, walkies!

I have heard of her, but I'm not sure how. Maybe it was on the news on Radio 4. I don't care about her, or the other woman.

Are there prizes for knowing/not knowing, and/or caring/not caring? If so, could I have the cash alternative?

As fas as 'high cultural status' is concerned, that's a bit of a puzzler. I don't like Wagner, but I do like Tolstoy. I find Stewart Lee funny, but I also find Miranda Hart funny. I like PG Wodehouse's books, but I also like Hunter S Thomson's books. I can't be doing with ballet, or indeed any sort of dance as an art form, and live theatre just makes me fidgety. They came for the martial arts enthusiasts, but I wasn't a martial arts enthusiast so I did nothing. They came for Eamonn Holmes and I think I'm right in saying I applauded. They came for the fire-eaters, but I wasn't a fire-eater so I did nothing.They came for Dani Behr, I said she's over there, behind the wardrobe.

Next people will be saying they've never seen an episode of Game of Thrones

I rented the box set of the entire first series from the university library a few years back. It wouldn't play on any of our laptops, or on the DVD player. Maybe the machines were helping us to protect our high cultural status.

Clint Eastwood plays a grizzled retired academic seeking revenge in the new Western 'High Cultural Status Drifter'

I bet even you could get a date if you earned as much as he does.

Although to be fair to Rooney and Mrs Rooney:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Rooney#Family

'Rooney met his wife, Coleen Rooney (née McLoughlin), while both were at secondary school. They married on 12 June 2008 after six years of dating.'

So Rooney can't be said to have got a date solely because of his wealth, and Mrs Rooney can't be accused of marrying him just for his money.

Never seen an episode of 'Game of Thrones', honest; care to give me a summary what it's about ?

As for the other two, bring it on. Great entertainment for the lawyers, er, masses.

CHE

advertisement

Back