advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
City improved vastly after 30 mins I thought, Arsenal were poor but weren't helped by several injuries in the first half and then the introduction of DL didn't help them, can't see Arteta renewing his contract

As someone has said if there was a single COVID virus on the pitch yesterday evening Kevin De Bruyne could land a pass on it.

Hawkeye should be renamed Crockedeye after the Sheffield Utd game last night!

My sporting budget goes on season tickets rather than subscriptions to sports channels so I was looking at the list of free to air games that has been released, 21 in all. I've noticed some real differences in the coverage of teams. So I looked at the bottom six ...

The mighty Seagulls - one game (vs Man United)
West Ham - NO Games
Watford - four games
Bournemouth - four games
Aston Villa - NO games
Norwich - three games

It's not like we're terrible to watch this season. Last season was REALLY painful, even for a fan, so I could understand neutrals NOT wanting to watch our anti football.

It's not like Bournemouth and Watford have bigger fan bases than Villa or West Ham either.

Hawkeye should be renamed Crockedeye after the Sheffield Utd game last night!
One of the problems with the technology, as I see it, is that the ref can't overrule it. As my wife said last night, we won't need the ref soon.
The game is a human endeavour, and once technology (VAR, Hawkeye) takes over the humanity starts to slip. Money and TV slowmos drive it of course.

Chelsea will finish in the Top 4 and get into The Champions League. That's all I am interested in.

Abramovich has bought the Leipzig and Germany striker Timo Werner for £47.5 million. It's good to see he preferred Chelsea over Liverpool.

According to BBC Sport "With the transfer fee, the agent fee and wages over the course of his five-year deal, the Germany international striker's move from RB Leipzig will cost the Blues in the region of £102.5m."

Here are his best five goals on You Tube.

Jack

Chelsea will finish in the Top 4 and get into The Champions League. That's all I am interested in.

Abramovich has bought the Leipzig and Germany striker Timo Werner for £47.5 million. It's good to see he preferred Chelsea over Liverpool.

According to BBC Sport "With the transfer fee, the agent fee and wages over the course of his five-year deal, the Germany international striker's move from RB Leipzig will cost the Blues in the region of £102.5m."

Jack

I am not right very often, but I did suggest this back in January! It’s a very good move for Chelsea.

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum...ad-2019-20-season.228930/page-73#post-3865363

You did indeed and are obviously a gifted psychic.

Jack

N4hwvdW.jpg

One of the problems with the technology, as I see it, is that the ref can't overrule it. As my wife said last night, we won't need the ref soon.
The game is a human endeavour, and once technology (VAR, Hawkeye) takes over the humanity starts to slip. Money and TV slowmos drive it of course.

VAR has a place but I don't think the EPL know where it is yet. Some kind of synthesis will emerge I hope that allows the ref to do his job with technical backup if needed. One problem for refs is the speed at which the game is now played makes it very difficult to always see the detail of what is going on. Added to that are the constant allegations that some refs are bent or have it in for certain teams (eg the one you support). VAR can help in both situations and it does improve refereeing standards but it should not be relied on to the extent that it downgrades of the role of the ref. It is here to stay though.

Jack

He is a devoted life-long supporter of Chelsea, no doubt about it.

Updated list of football on TV...

Friday, June 19

• Norwich v Southampton 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
  • Tottenham v Manchester United 8.15pm SKY
Saturday, June 20

• Watford v Leicester 12.30pm BT
  • Brighton v Arsenal 3pm BT
  • West Ham v Wolves 5.30pm SKY
  • Bournemouth v Crystal Palace 7.45pm BBC - FREE TO AIR
Sunday, June 21

• Newcastle v Sheffield United 2pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
  • Aston Villa v Chelsea 4.15pm SKY
  • Everton v Liverpool 7pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Wednesday June 24
  • Manchester United v Sheffield United 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
  • Norwich v Everton 6pm BBC - FREE TO AIR
Thursday June 25
  • Burnley v Watford 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Sunday June 28
  • Watford v Southampton 4.30pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Monday June 29
  • Crystal Palace v Burnley 8pm AMAZON FREE TO AIR
Tuesday June 30
  • Brighton v Manchester United 8.15pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Wednesday July 1
  • Bournemouth v Newcastle 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Saturday July 4
  • Leicester vs C Palace - Sky Sports/Pick - 3pm FREE TO AIR
Sunday July 5
  • Burnley vs Sheff Utd - Sky Sports/Pick - 12pm FREE TO AIR
  • Southampton vs Man City - BBC - 7pm FREE TO AIR
Tuesday July 7
  • Watford vs Norwich - Sky Sports/Pick - 6pm FREE TO AIR
Thursday July 9
  • Bournemouth vs Tottenham - Sky Sports/Pick - 6pm FREE TO AIR
Sunday July 12
  • Wolves vs Everton - Sky Sports/Pick - 12pm FREE TO AIR
  • Bournemouth vs Leicester - Sky Sports/Pick - 7pm FREE TO AIR
Monday July 13
  • Man Utd vs Southampton - Sky Sports/Pick 8pm FREE TO AIR
Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1179...e-live-stream-tv-channel-norwich-southampton/

Watched about 10 mins of Norwich/Southampton yesterday and gave up.
The lack of atmosphere really does kill it for me - maybe I'll feel differently when the mighty blues take to the pich.;)

Watched about 10 mins of Norwich/Southampton yesterday and gave up.
The lack of atmosphere really does kill it for me - maybe I'll feel differently when the mighty blues take to the pich.;)

Same for me! Were have you been.....must be cricket season?

Arsenal transitioning seamlessly from lockdown to meltdown - top half finish looking doubtful.
Enjoy your evening Mr. Seagull!

First double ever vs Arsenal!

Two good goals (and Pepe's ).

Unfortunate injury to Leno, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Didn't see my cardboard cutout but did spot a friend's one.

We must have had Fatboy Slim doing the crowd noise, he/they did quite a good job.

I should have played my Fantasy football bench boost as I had my three Seagulls on the bench (Ryan, Dunk and Maupay).

Chelsea beat Aston Villa 1 - 2. They are five points above Manchester Shitnited and nine in front of plodding Spurs.

We will hopefully finish in the Top 4. City and Leicester are the next two games.

The Chelsea squad were good today and it was great to see Loftus-Cheek, Mason Mount, Tammy Abrams and Reece James. They were in command for most of the game. Unfortunately, their multiple crosses rarely found a Chelsea player and Villa went ahead just after half-time.

Pulisic was then brought oo. Azpi-Dave finally did a decent cross and the American scored. Shortly after that Giroud swivelled around on the edge of the area a rocketed the ball in.

Things should have been good from there, however Chelsea started to make mistakes, more specifically Christensen did. I know he plays for Denmark, but he is annoying at times, like when he passed the ball to Messi at Stamford Bridge and got us kicked out of The Champions League.

Luckily for us the Villa players were nowhere near as skillful as Messi.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back