advertisement

LRS20 Love Record Stores Day - anybody get anything?

springer

pfm Member
I've lost track of it all, to be honest....RSD, LRS, SDR? SLR?? LSD???? Anyway, yesterday was LRS20, a kind of online only version of Record Store Day. Seemed to be mainly coloured variants of already-released things, but predictably clogging up eBay. So, did anyone shop?

I was out all day and didn't get online (to Bury's wonderful Wax and Beans) until after 6pm. They were just about cleaned out of everything. It seems they sold out of the Oasis and Tim Burgess albums by 9.02am! I got a couple of King Gizzard albums, which was what I wanted anyway.

had a look at the list, not a great choice in my opinion, the two albums that were of any interest I already had

I think the copy of Neil Young's Homegrown that landed here yesterday was an RSD special.

RSD yes, but not LRS. It had originally been scheduled for RSD in April, but got pulled even before RSD was postponed. It then got a normal release on Friday 19th June - not anything to do with LRS afaik. Just to confuse things, it does indeed come with a silver RSD sticker on the shrink wrap. Picked up that and the fabulous Phoebe Bridgers LP on Friday.

I got myself the yellow Nirvana 'Bleach' LP, King Gizzard's 'Sketches of Brunswick East' and the first Claypool Lennon Delerium LP 'Monolith of Phobos'. Quite pleased with it all, tbh!

The selection isn't as varied as the usual RSD stuff, but then this is only an RSD-lite day. We've got three more this year!

advertisement

Back