advertisement

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

Ballistic Brothers - Blacker

Not sure if this counts as Trip Hop or not, actually probably does - Funki Porcini

awesome, glad you’re enjoying it :)

Indeed I was, and will.
I have had a VERY quick peruse of the Japhy website and am really lost...…………..so if you stumble across other gems like this, don't be afraid to post here. As you suggested, I am a fan of Burial.

One the the tracks and live performances that got me into this genre.

Tricky, Hell Is Round The Corner, live at Glastonbury 1995

Very late to this, but I'm quite an UNKLE fan. They can be great, and they can be truly terrible, all depending what mood James is in and which artists are working with him at the time.

For me, their best stuff are the mixes that are out there. There's one from Selfridges from a couple or three years ago which is exceptionally good. I'd avoid the live performance at Koko, that's not great.

I'm waiting for a release of the live performance from the South Bank in 2018 (I think). It was a gig of 2 halves, and the upbeat half was great.

I've got loads of their stuff and most of the Mo'Wax output somewhere or other, some of it on physical media.

Have you seen 'The Man From Mo'Wax' documentary? That's well worth seeing and the soundtrack is very good.

Very late to this, but I'm quite an UNKLE fan. They can be great, and they can be truly terrible, all depending what mood James is in and which artists are working with him at the time.

For me, their best stuff are the mixes that are out there. There's one from Selfridges from a couple or three years ago which is exceptionally good. I'd avoid the live performance at Koko, that's not great.

I'm waiting for a release of the live performance from the South Bank in 2018 (I think). It was a gig of 2 halves, and the upbeat half was great.

I've got loads of their stuff and most of the Mo'Wax output somewhere or other, some of it on physical media.

Have you seen 'The Man From Mo'Wax' documentary? That's well worth seeing and the soundtrack is very good.
Hey I am a gig fan of Unkle too. I Would love to see them live if I ever get a chance. I have seen the Mo Wax documentary and I really enjoyed it. Was a good insight into James Lavelle and what was behind the label, Unkle and all the great music that came out around that time. Definitely a unique group who have consistently put out quality stuff for years.

advertisement

Back