advertisement

Bempton cliffs

ron

Tweaker
After having Farnes cancelled I finally managed a few hours at Bempton on Sunday , visitor centre closed but car parks open . I got there at 6:30am

Anyway took both my D850 and D500 with 200-500, I've only uploaded a few shots

D850

_8505028 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_8504489 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_8504983 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_8504582 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_8504500 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_8505000 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

D500

_DSC7506 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_DSC7477 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_DSC7401 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

_DSC6877 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

Great Work as usual ron. I spent a couple of hours near there at Flamborough Cliffs last Autumn when heading to Whitby and definitely plan to head back. How does Bempton compare?

Reactions: ron
Great Work as usual ron. I spent a couple of hours near there at Flamborough Cliffs last Autumn when heading to Whitby and definitely plan to head back. How does Bempton compare?
Thanks Darren , tbh I've not been to see them at Flamborough , we was hoping to but didn't get time but will definitely be going there next time. A friend told me there was a few more Puffins at Flamborough last week, I personally love Bempton but mainly go for the Gannets

I’ll have to check out Bempton next time. Flamborough is definitely worth a visit but I spent more time there watching the seals rather than the birds.

Glorious pictures.

As a kid we would visit Bempton cliffs at least four times a year. Last time I went there were no Puffins as the sand eel population had collapsed.

I’ll have to check out Bempton next time. Flamborough is definitely worth a visit but I spent more time there watching the seals rather than the birds.
Next time we go I'm going to try and stay a couple of nights so it gives more time, would be nice to see the Barn Owl too

Glorious pictures.

As a kid we would visit Bempton cliffs at least four times a year. Last time I went there were no Puffins as the sand eel population had collapsed.

Thank you ,one of the reasons we had the Farnes booked was to see the Puffins hunting sand eels , such shame it was cancelled so we'll try again next year

Wow - such great images - except the last one which is simply terrifying :eek:. The last thing a fish sees ......

Thank you ,one of the reasons we had the Farnes booked was to see the Puffins hunting sand eels , such shame it was cancelled so we'll try again next year
Many years ago we had a month in the Shetlands, plenty of birds, sea otters, wildlife everywhere...and great walking if you don't mind the rain.

advertisement

Back