advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Brian! what a strange fellow you are. As Steve suggested you are a legend in your own mind. I would be more in agreement with his view that you are in this for the goading and venture precious little when subjects require more depth but hey hum.
Nothing strange about me, mate. Just an ordinary bloke not pretending to be anything else.

Well you didn't see the dodgy leave campaign stuff so doubtful you saw any positives from the remain campaign. They did concentrate on it but aka Trump for whatever logic or reason there is a new way of convincing or not convincing people based on reality TV tactics. Leave had Farage, Boris and variety of excellent reality TV characters. Remain where in the main boring normal folks. As I suggested above regardless I think there are just too many UK folks who were never connected to the EU. Cameron gave them the opportunity and even though referendum was advisory that was glossed over. I accept leave won and given the fractured nature of the UK if remain had won the battle and division would have continued. Still in any UK gov would have been hamstrung from within. Lets see what Brexit brings and how people react.
Oh dear. Trying to decypher that lot and it looks like you're telling me what I didn't see and predicting what I wouldn't have seen had it been put out there to the masses. Then you reckon if remain had won there would be "battle and division". ha ha ha

I'm off to do a BBQ.

You are correct a 17 year old building would be well past a revamp and must be demolished and rebuilt? I agree a new building, built well away from London would be much cheaper but lets not compare scrapping a 17 year old building costing 1 billion Euros with a one 144 years old completed in 1876.
Yes, lets.

I did the google search for CB. :) Free money tree from the benefits and savings of Brexit.
A parliamentary joint committee is currently finalising a report into its preferred option for restoring the Palace of Westminster, which could take up to 30 years and cost between £4bn and £6bn.
Thanks for doing the research, I think these are the cheaper options, there were even higher costs mentioned a while back.

Oh dear. Trying to decypher that lot and it looks like you're telling me what I didn't see and predicting what I wouldn't have seen had it been put out there to the masses. Then you reckon if remain had won there would be "battle and division". ha ha ha I'm off to do a BBQ.

Refer you back to Steve's description. You are saying nothing except a bit of childish goading. I engaged a bit today simply because I was helping a plasterer do a small job for me and kept getting in the way. We are off to fire up the barbie now also. I am not telling you anything in my post about you life is not all about you Brian. Just gave my opinion on something is that hard for you to decypher?

Thanks for doing the research, I think these are the cheaper options, there were even higher costs mentioned a while back.
I have suggested several times the option of building a parliament on cheap brownfield land in an area of high unemployment. Retain the 400 seat capacity of westminster and reduce the number of MPs. Another option would be to position centrally and scrap the assemblies.
It goes without saying i would expect it to last longer than 17years.

Refer you back to Steve's description. You are saying nothing except a bit of childish goading. I engaged a bit today simply because I was helping a plasterer do a small job for me and kept getting in the way. We are off to fire up the barbie now also. I am not telling you anything in my post about you life is not all about you Brian. Just gave my opinion on something is that hard for you to decypher?
Hilarious. I don't attempt to make anything about me, and it's hardly goading given I don't make any posts to you, or any that refer to you other than a post in reply to something you post to me, or mention me in some snide way. I don't think I've ever even written your name on a post. If you stop the digs and snipes all will be well.

I have suggested several times the option of building a parliament on cheap brownfield land in an area of high unemployment. Retain the 400 seat capacity of westminster and reduce the number of MPs. Another option would be to position centrally and scrap the assemblies.
It goes without saying i would expect it to last longer than 17years.
I think 2. One in Birmingham and another in Newcastle. 6 months about in each.

Go and enjoy a few beers.

Hilarious. I don't attempt to make anything about me, and it's hardly goading given I don't make any posts to you, or any that refer to you other than a post in reply to something you post to me, or mention me in some snide way. I don't think I've ever even written your name on a post. If you stop the digs and snipes all will be well.

I think 2. One in Birmingham and another in Newcastle. 6 months about in each.
Maybe not Brian we are trying to shake off this free money EU frivolity. Barnier may have some new suggestions next week.

Maybe not Brian we are trying to shake off this free money EU frivolity. Barnier may have some new suggestions next week.
Yep, it was a joke, Colin.

A new venue needs to be built, one that doesn't have the confrontational layout of the Commons right now and it needs to be away from London. Won't happen though because London is the centre of the known Universe for these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back