advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diverting :rolleyes:

It is a forum so the idea is to post hopefully reasonable opinions. Most people leave you to it as you are well figured out at this point but leaving you to it means only your view point which you never are prepared to lay out.
You are right it is probably best to leave you to it as like the virus you would just die out if starved of food.
Enjoy the sunshine and take off the dark glasses you might just be able to see the wood from the trees:D Only kidding I know you are set on your course.
I would not get too smug about EU membership when there is talk about the EU having it own money and taxing the big multinationals directly. Was the multinational corporation tax take 20% of the ROI income?

You or I wouldn't see them, because these ads (there were thousands of them) were carefully targeted via social media.

This is one of the most disturbing trends about recent political campaigns. If you don't know what the other side is telling voters, how can you argue against it? The Conservatives used similar techniques to win voters in "red wall" seats in December 2019.

Like it or not, the Leave campaign ran some disgusting, deceitful ads that appealed to people's worst instincts.

For clarity, that doesn't mean I think all (or even most) Leave voters are racist, and I've always said that a reasonable Leave option that honoured the result was fine.
That’s fair enough.

Diverting :rolleyes:

It is a forum so the idea is to post hopefully reasonable opinions.
Wrong. It’s a forum so the idea is to post your opinion. Unfortunately, you seem to consider an opinion as reasonable only when it is in line with your own. I believe my pov on most things is reasonable, for example, on brexit I was happy to support the Labour idea of a second referendum even though I don’t think it’s a great idea. I’m sure some find that unreasonable and that’s fine with me.

Most people leave you to it as you are well figured out at this point but leaving you to it means only your view point which you never are prepared to lay out.
Well figured out? lol

Perhaps, just not by you.

My opinion on a subject, where I am bothered to have one is crystal clear. There is nothing I need to lay out. There is nothing complicated about my pov on matters ‘discussed’ here.

You are right it is probably best to leave you to it as like the virus you would just die out if starved of food.
Enjoy the sunshine and take off the dark glasses you might just be able to see the wood from the trees:D Only kidding I know you are set on your course.
What course is that then? I look forward to hearing where you think I’m heading.

I
Wrong. It’s a forum so the idea is to post your opinion. Unfortunately, you seem to consider an opinion as reasonable only when it is in line with your own. I believe my pov on most things is reasonable, for example, on brexit I was happy to support the Labour idea of a second referendum even though I don’t think it’s a great idea. I’m sure some find that unreasonable and that’s fine with me.
What course is that then? I look forward to hearing where you think I’m heading.

I don't think a second referendum would have been successful for the remain side. The election results have solidified that view in mind. There are just too many leave factions of various hues that are not for turning despite what Seanm, Decameron etc feel would happen if the leave campaign dropped their obviously untrue slogans. UK is in the same space as Trump and nothing their leaders do will make them reflect on things.

Suppose that is why this thread was posted to get the advantages that will come from Brexit. Nothing substantial from anybody here on the leave fence and lets be honest any of the current Tories in power are not particularly believable given their views on how wonderful they are handling the pandemic.

My opinion on a subject, where I am bothered to have one is crystal clear. There is nothing I need to lay out. There is nothing complicated about my pov on matters ‘discussed’ here.
Except, of course where you refuse to disclose your view, while expending bandwidth goading and teasing others whose views you may or may not disagree with. You are an open book in your own head, sure.

Except, of course where you refuse to disclose your view, while expending bandwidth goading and teasing others whose views you may or may not disagree with. You are an open book in your own head, sure.

In one line you have well described Brian , Bravo I struggle with too many sentences :)

I see the tendering process has started to replace the Brussels building built in 1993 at a cost of 1 billion Euros. The new one will be a bargain 500 million Euros; although i do believe that was the building estimate last time.
Europe may be broke but that will not get in the way of progress; business as usual with the free money tree.

I see the tendering process has started to replace the Brussels building built in 1993 at a cost of 1 billion Euros. The new one will be a bargain 500 million Euros; although i do believe that was the building estimate last time.
Europe may be broke but that will not get in the way of progress; business as usual with the free money tree.
Have you heard the cost of restoring the houses of parliament and st Stephens tower?

Have you heard the cost of restoring the houses of parliament and st Stephens tower?

I did the google search for CB. :) Free money tree from the benefits and savings of Brexit.
A parliamentary joint committee is currently finalising a report into its preferred option for restoring the Palace of Westminster, which could take up to 30 years and cost between £4bn and £6bn.

I

I don't think a second referendum would have been successful for the remain side. The election results have solidified that view in mind. There are just too many leave factions of various hues that are not for turning despite what Seanm, Decameron etc feel would happen if the leave campaign dropped their obviously untrue slogans. UK is in the same space as Trump and nothing their leaders do will make them reflect on things.

Suppose that is why this thread was posted to get the advantages that will come from Brexit. Nothing substantial from anybody here on the leave fence and lets be honest any of the current Tories in power are not particularly believable given their views on how wonderful they are handling the pandemic.
So?

The best way to have turned the tide (too late now) would have been for the remain campaign to concentrate on getting across the benefits locally of EU membership. There are many but I'd wager a very large number of people have no idea.

That's a clear opinion, in case you disagree, so mistakenly believe it is not.

Were they built in 1993?
Obviously not, but even when the restoration is complete, they’ll still be as unfit for purpose as they currently are.

You’ll acknowledge, I hope, that buildings built in 1993 when the EU had around half the member states it does now, might have been outgrown?

So?

The best way to have turned the tide (too late now) would have been for the remain campaign to concentrate on getting across the benefits locally of EU membership. There are many but I'd wager a very large number of people have no idea.

That's a clear opinion, in case you disagree, so mistakenly believe it is not.

Well you didn't see the dodgy leave campaign stuff so doubtful you saw any positives from the remain campaign. They did concentrate on it but aka Trump for whatever logic or reason there is a new way of convincing or not convincing people based on reality TV tactics. Leave had Farage, Boris and variety of excellent reality TV characters. Remain where in the main boring normal folks. As I suggested above regardless I think there are just too many UK folks who were never connected to the EU. Cameron gave them the opportunity and even though referendum was advisory that was glossed over. I accept leave won and given the fractured nature of the UK if remain had won the battle and division would have continued. Still in any UK gov would have been hamstrung from within. Lets see what Brexit brings and how people react.

In one line you have well described Brian , Bravo I struggle with too many sentences :)
This shows you struggle with a single sentence.

As I said, where I offer an opinion it is clear. Disagreement with my opinion does not mean it is unclear, or is not an opinion at all, which is what you suggested earlier when you said I never lay out my views.

In common with other members, I lay out my views in various threads covering various topics. If you've really been paying attention you should be able to tell me my opinion of the tory govt in general and its handling of the current crisis in particular. You should be aware of my opinion of the EU and the EEC. Alternatively, maybe you have comprehension issues?

This shows you struggle with a single sentence.

As I said, where I offer an opinion it is clear. Disagreement with my opinion does not mean it is unclear, or is not an opinion at all, which is what you suggested earlier when you said I never lay out my views.

In common with other members, I lay out my views in various threads covering various topics. If you've really been paying attention you should be able to tell me my opinion of the tory govt in general and its handling of the current crisis in particular. You should be aware of my opinion of the EU and the EEC. Alternatively, maybe you have comprehension issues?

Thanks Brian! what a strange fellow you are. As Steve suggested you are a legend in your own mind. I would be more in agreement with his view that you are in this for the goading and venture precious little when subjects require more depth but hey hum.

Clutching a Brexit straws Colin. Office buildings are often taken down when needing to be revamped. It is cheaper as you can see from the Palce of Westminster costs period buildings are money pits
You are correct a 17 year old building would be well past a revamp and must be demolished and rebuilt? I agree a new building, built well away from London would be much cheaper but lets not compare scrapping a 17 year old building costing 1 billion Euros with a one 144 years old completed in 1876.

Obviously not, but even when the restoration is complete, they’ll still be as unfit for purpose as they currently are.

You’ll acknowledge, I hope, that buildings built in 1993 when the EU had around half the member states it does now, might have been outgrown?

That may be the case but there has been no mention of that as a reason. The only reasons given were 2 ceiling collapses in the past 12 years and it is 'not serving MEPs well by reinforcing impressions of opacity' whatever that means; poor dears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back