advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon this is a Johnson/Cummings cloaked fightback against the accusations that the government were far too slow in getting hold of PPE and test kits, plus also clamping down.

Johnson and his cabal know there is another spike coming. They have blood on their hands. Their task now is to blame somebody else.

Jack

In reality shops are being given the green light to open regardless of the law, B&Q, John Lewis, Pret a Manger, Greggs etc, which will inevitably lead to more deaths among those who work in retail, their families and those who visit these non-essential outlets. I think they'll use this to say people have had enough at some point. I think it was timely that he trampled on the spectulation this morning but he can't be given an inch. It's been disturbing to see Starmer joining in with the noise from the cheap seats, he's clearly trying to demonstrate his pro-business credentials and stuff the consequences. Schools have to stay closed for the term at least and if that means a slower return to work so be it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/27/business-lockdown-johnson-tory-donors

Quite right too.

Yes, government by secret cabal is definitely what we need. For that matter, why the hell are we entitled to know who our MPs are, or who’s in the cabinet?

The will of 13.9 million people was that these lot should govern, and they should just get on with it.

Watch this video and take from it what you will:

He makes a big mistake by saying 12% of cases test positive means 12% of the population is likely infected, which makes me think "that doctor is an idiot". Mainly because people only present for testing if they feel ill.

Then he says Norway and Sweden are comparable for death rates. Norway fatalities 38/mill. Sweden 225/mill...

I read the comments below it in YouTube- Nearly everyone sounded like a Trump conspiracy theorist attacking journalism.

Watch this video and take from it what you will:

He reminds me of someone who gets ill with an incurable serious disease, takes the medicine, feels better, and so says to himself that there's no need to take the medicine any more . . . . .

(I've done it myself with physiotherapy!)

He makes a big mistake by saying 12% of cases test positive means 12% of the population is likely infected, which makes me think "that doctor is an idiot". Mainly because people only present for testing if they feel ill.

That and the way the video is jump-cut together reeks of fake-news. It just feels like the content has been hacked and cut in whatever order makes the editor’s (I assume right-wing libertarian) point with several loops and repetitions. I only got a few minutes in before realising I shouldn’t be wasting time with it.

PS The YouTube channel is a ‘Temple Baptist Michael Johnson’, which I suspect is all the information any discerning viewer should need...

Was the ER doctor identified? I didn’t make it through the whole video, but during the bit I watched I didn’t see anything like Dr. Leonard McCoy, Chief Medical Officer at some prestigious medical research institution, hospital or starship floating in big type beside him.

Joe

In reality shops are being given the green light to open regardless of the law, B&Q, John Lewis, Pret a Manger, Greggs etc, which will inevitably lead to more deaths among those who work in retail, their families and those who visit these non-essential outlets. I think they'll use this to say people have had enough at some point. I think it was timely that he trampled on the spectulation this morning but he can't be given an inch. It's been disturbing to see Starmer joining in with the noise from the cheap seats, he's clearly trying to demonstrate his pro-business credentials and stuff the consequences. Schools have to stay closed for the term at least and if that means a slower return to work so be it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/27/business-lockdown-johnson-tory-donors
B&Q and other DIY sheds were in the list of essential shops from the beginning.
It was their choice not to open.

Hancock has just announced a £60k payout to the families of healthcare workers who have died from C19. The cynic in me suspects this might be because the government realises it was open to legal claims regarding inadequate PPE...

B&Q and other DIY sheds were in the list of essential shops from the beginning.
It was their choice not to open.

I know - but click and collect for trade accounts is not the same as being open to the public for pots of paint. The Government guidance is clear on essential items, and paint isn't one of them...

Yes, government by secret cabal is definitely what we need. For that matter, why the hell are we entitled to know who our MPs are, or who’s in the cabinet?

People who stand for election, do so in the knowledge that they're going to be public figures. The members of SAGE for this emergency were not in the same situation, so it is only correct in this instance that it should be their choice if they wish to be identified. In future, perhaps people should join SAGE on the understanding their names will be in the public domain, although I don't know why names are needed, just the release of SAGE minutes and advice into the public domain should suffice.

Hancock has just announced a £60k payout to the families of healthcare workers who have died from C19. The cynic in me suspects this might be because the government realises it was open to legal claims regarding inadequate PPE...
No doubt with a comment, if you don’t take it luv, your huge claim will come out of the NHS operating budget and through your solicitor’s trousers before it gets to you, did you really want to do that to our precious NHS?

No doubt with a comment, if you don’t take it luv, your huge claim will come out of the NHS operating budget and through your solicitor’s trousers before it gets to you, did you really want to do that to our precious NHS?

I’m picturing an ‘I have understood and agree to abide by the terms and conditions’ checkbox effectively making the £60k entirely conditional upon holding the state blameless and no further action being taken at any time. I’ll be beyond astonished if there was no such contractual aspect.

People who stand for election, do so in the knowledge that they're going to be public figures. The members of SAGE for this emergency were not in the same situation, so it is only correct in this instance that it should be their choice if they wish to be identified. In future, perhaps people should join SAGE on the understanding their names will be in the public domain, although I don't know why names are needed, just the release of SAGE minutes and advice into the public domain should suffice.
Because johnson has stuffed the scientific advisory body with brexshit cvnts, not scientists, and we should know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back