advertisement

The 2020 F1 Season

I suspect most today would be reticent to race in one tones?
But a wonderful-looking machine (here with Jo Siffert at the wheel):

Porsche_908_-_Josef_Siffert_1970-05-31.jpg

The two cars bore different designs (the other one had one orange arrow), so that they could tell which one was which far off in the Sicilian mountains.

Jo would have felt safer on the Targa, starting at intervals: on a circuit he used to complain that Pedro was homicidal.

Recently I finally saw a 917 at the Porsche museum. God, they where loooow!

According to a test drive in a Swedish magazine in the early 1970's you could by one from the factory for something like £30000. Take in inflation, but you simply can't buy an F1 performance car today for that kind of money. No mention of gas filled frames, though.

Recently I finally saw a 917 at the Porsche museum. God, they where loooow!

When I watched them compete at Le Mans, I always thought of them as a "big" car. When I visited the Deutsches Museum in Munich in 1975, they had one there on display. I was amazed when I nearly tripped over it.

Jo would have felt safer on the Targa, starting at intervals: on a circuit he used to complain that Pedro was homicidal.
I remember their mutual terms of affection being "crazy Swiss" and "Mexican bandit". But two of the best sports car drivers in the business. Sad that we lost both to racing accidents.

Congrats to 89 year old Bernie Ecclestone. He will welcome his first son with his third wife, 44 year old Ms. Flosi.

Ecclestone's 65 year old daughter Deborah has volunteered to babysit:)

Congrats to 89 year old Bernie Ecclestone. He will welcome his first son with his third wife, 44 year old Ms. Flosi.

Ecclestone's 65 year old daughter Deborah has volunteered to babysit:)

I hope there are some tall genes on her side of the family.

funding is going to be down for all the F1 teams with no races and sponsers likely to pull out so some teams likely to fold

I wonder if the powers that be allow three cars per team as a possible solution if some teams fold and nobody buys them to keep them going.

Last edited:
I think they will be desperate for any idea that keeps the sport solvent. Shared cars, technology and limited seasons.

advertisement

Back