advertisement

The Berlin Philharmonic website is offering free vouchers

tuga

Legal Alien
The Berlin Philharmonic website is offering free pandemic vouchers

https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/concert/16913#

OdTWmqr.png

Currently listening to Maazel's Ring Without Words... The Dawn reminded me of Nimrod for some reason.

As the Berlin Phil's concert hall is closed (like many places around the world) they have opened up their digital archive to all for free.

You can watch a vast range of concerts from the most recent season to many years back.

I'm currently watching:

IVÁN FISCHER AND VILDE FRANG PRESENT BARTÓK’S VIOLIN CONCERTO NO. 1

Listening through my stereo system.

As far as I can see you just need to enter the voucher code BERLINPHIL on the ticket page of the Digital Concert Hall.

Link to main site:

https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/

You may have to register first, but that just takes a few minutes and is well worth it.

Peter

I’ve just signed up - my Sony Android TV has the app so should be pretty decent! I noticed some Bartok, I’ll start with that...

Just signed up also. Listening to the Berio concert as I type this. Excellent. Thank you very much tuga for the heads up on this. Much appreciated.

Some of the documentaries on the Berlin Phil Website could be good - I've just watched "Reichsorchester" in which members of the orchestra from 1933-45 and their families talk about the relationship between the Berlin Phil and the Nazi State, and how it survived the war. Very interesting.

Thanks so much for posting this. After 12 days working this has been fantastic in helping me take my mind off things.

Watched the St Matthews Passion today with Rattle - I can see why it divides opinion. I’ve never ‘seen’ a performance before only listened to recordings so this was a new experience for me.

Watching Kyrill Petrenko conduct Elgar 2nd right now... Pretty damn good.

Yes just watched this - has to be the swiftest I've heard (certainly the outer movements) a la Solti, but boy it's good to hear a band of this calibre coping - highly impressive !

Now I'm on Claudio Abbado conducting Das Lied von der Erde, With Anne Sofie von Otter and Jonas Kaufmann..... so glad to have been pointed at this resource, as I always wondered why Abbado - for all his Mahlerian credentials - never made a recording of Das Lied

One to avoid possibly- Rodrigo's Concierto d'Arunjuez, Simon Rattle/BPO and a one-name guitarist "Canizares" - who I can well imagine is a great Flamenco performer, but mangles things badly here.

Prokofiev's 2nd Piano Concerto. Yuja Wang with Paavo Jarvi conducting. WOW. Just incredible. They've got a camera on the keyboard too.... how what she does is humanly possible is beyond me!

advertisement

Back