advertisement

Ken Micallef’s jazz YouTube channel

Tony L

Administrator
I’m sure we’ve a some mention of this channel in other threads, but he really deserves a thread of his own. Loads of great content e.g. he’s been record diving in the other Stereophile reviewers record collections and they all have real gold to be found:

Art Dudley

Michael Fremer

Full channel here. I’d love to go jazz record hunting in the USA, so much great stuff out there. By saying that I have a surprising amount of the albums the two above pulled out!

images

Yes have been viewing it for some time as well. It's well worth watching, but he should put his reading glasses on when trying to decipher the record covers at times. :oops:

MF’s enthusiasm with Ellington’s Masterpieces is infectious, I feel the same way about Blues in Orbit (1959) and Historically Speaking (1956) - both tremendously joyful and brilliantly arranged albums. In fact the very cool title piece Blues in Orbit was a profound inspiration to a young Mike Westbrook.

Thanks chaps. I’m going to try and source an AP version from a UK seller. Could take some time given the current state of affairs.

advertisement

Back