advertisement

Trump Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching him right now, were I to be an American, I would be utterly terrified if Trump himself is signing off on decisions.

It has never been this clear that he is totally out of his depth.

It is however reassuring to know that everyone is a true American hero and that those heroes will get through that because Americans always overcome - especially when they have a couple of big white ships - the perfect ships, the best, the most perfect ships in the world manned by all American heroes...

Pence at his side nodding along :D. He reminds me of some sort of cartoon character. Come on Boris wear a Union Jack shirt you can be crazier than this orange buffoon.

I genuinely never thought I would say that I was proud of Boris Johnson and his advisors but today, compared the the Trump shambles, you have to say that Boris was both concise, seemingly informative and confident/reassuring. The antibody test would be a massive step forward in allowing scientists to correctly model the illness and therefore provide accurate scientific information It was reassuring to hear Boris' scientific advisors concisely explaining the importance of this to the public. So well done. I never imagined that!

In comparison, Trump wormed his way around any difficult question and simply repeated meaningless patriotic phrases over and over again. Pathetic - I am so grateful that I live this side of the Atlantic.

"The Chinese Virus" is a phrase that has been percolating in the ultra-right-wing and white nationalist bubbles for a while now, its adoption by Trump is clearly a dog whistle to his real base.

My theory is that the Trump administration is suppressing and delaying the distribution of virus test kits, in order to keep reported infection rates low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back