advertisement

Quobuz or Tidal ?

One peculiar thing with Tidal is that I can choose the music from the country I registered in, in my case Swedish. Don't know if it is the same for other countries, but quite neat to be able to filter out new Swedish songs and albums.

One peculiar thing with Tidal is that I can choose the music from the country I registered in, in my case Swedish. Don't know if it is the same for other countries, but quite neat to be able to filter out new Swedish songs and albums.
It's the same with Qobuz as initially I had a trial through an account I opened up in France (where I live) and it was noticeable that there was a high content of french music when using the search facilities and also within the recommended playlists/new releases etc.I've now deleted that account and opened a new one in the UK and there is barely a french artist to be seen which suits me just fine as does the reduced price.

Replaced my usual Saturday morning musical choice of R3 with Ali Farke Tourre - sounds great. This is why I lone Qobuz.

The freedom to try something new, and not having to pay for it from your beer tokens allowance is fabulous. I’ve listened to so much more new music since I started listening this way. It’s broken me out of legacy recordings, although I do find I often return to old favourites in terms of classical music. There are some recordings I’m never going to stop listening to.

Listened to this this week, it’s beautiful, and wonderfully played:
http://open.qobuz.com/album/gwka6klty0uab

Qobuz has got so much better from the last time I tried it, there are a few gaps but I've got a comprehensive collection of vinyl and flacs on my network. After the price drop I'm paid up for the year, love it!

Qobuz has got so much better from the last time I tried it, there are a few gaps but I've got a comprehensive collection of vinyl and flacs on my network. After the price drop I'm paid up for the year, love it!
Definitely worth it for the price drop alone though I agree that Roon integration appears not as deep as Tidal.

I seem to get quite a few unavailable where I’d expect availability and as above. Still like it though, enough to keep it over Tidal.

The freedom to try something new, and not having to pay for it from your beer tokens allowance is fabulous...

...Listened to this this week, it’s beautiful, and wonderfully played:
http://open.qobuz.com/album/gwka6klty0uab
I agree - beer is important!

I'm another happy Qobuz subscriber, now with hi-res access (not that I can hear a difference...).

If you like Timothy Ridout's album of English music, I expect that you will enjoy his Vieuxtemps too. Track 9, the Elegie, is good taster. Tabea Zimmerman's version is quite different, yet also rather fine...

I'm another happy Qobuz subscriber, now with hi-res access (not that I can hear a difference...).

If you like Timothy Ridout's album of English music, I expect that you will enjoy his Vieuxtemps too. Track 9, the Elegie, is good taster. Tabea Zimmerman's version is quite different, yet also rather fine...

I particularly enjoyed the Martinu, it was my piece for a few years, got to play it a few times when Inwas a fresh faced college graduate.

Nice album. Enjoyed the Elegie.

advertisement

Back