advertisement

Zingali speakers - opinions?

RichardA

pfm Member
Still v happy with my Quad 63s but I would like to try some high efficiency speakers with a Leben CS300X in a second system.

I’m curious about Zingali speakers with the Omniray(?) horn feature. They don’t get much coverage in the UK but they seem quite efficient and the styling appeals to me.

Anyone tried them?

I expect they are very different to my Quads (that said I have enjoyed lots of different speaker design types in the past).

Have seen similar observations elsewhere. Disappointing but not the end of the world as I would likely buy a used pair elsewhere.

I had a pair of Zingali Overture's about 20 years ago, fed by a Canary Audio CA 608 valve integrated (40 watts). Great sound & lovely wood finish. Highly recommended.

Still v happy with my Quad 63s but I would like to try some high efficiency speakers with a Leben CS300X in a second system.

I’m curious about Zingali speakers with the Omniray(?) horn feature. They don’t get much coverage in the UK but they seem quite efficient and the styling appeals to me.

Anyone tried them?

I expect they are very different to my Quads (that said I have enjoyed lots of different speaker design types in the past).
I have Zingali Home Monitors 2,10. They are fantastic speakers because of Omnira they throw out a very wide sound stage. Very balanced sound no over exaggerated highs or lows and very detailed. This will be my last system would say the best speakers I have ever owned over the past 30 years. The rest of my system is Pathos amp with valve preamp class A power. SME Model 10 A turntable. Just to add 2.10 has two 10inch drivers my amp is only 10 watts so yes very efficient. I got my Zingalis from The Music Room Glasgow..

There's only one dealer in the UK, and he was a right pita when I was inquiring about them a few years back.
Jack Lawson is in his 70's he was the first hifi dealer in Glasgow many hifi dealers have came and went Jack is still here for a reason. The man knows his stuff best dealer I have ever used just wish I went to him years ago.

I'm glad your experience was better than mine and others...in my opinion he is a complete t&$t, but horses for courses!
I too have dealt with, known and bought from Jack a few times. Only ever been knowledgeable, friendly and couteous to me - and I'm usually the PITA !

I'm glad your experience was better than mine and others...in my opinion he is a complete t&$t, but horses for courses!
Jack can come across very aloof that was my first opinion. The other is his shop door is always locked. You ring the bell go in then the door is locked behind you I found that strange. He is a character can seem strange. Once you understand his ways his knowledge of hifi comes to the forefront he works in the shop himself from taking to him a lot of his day taken up with time wasters. He is very genuine having a hifi shop in Glasgow since the early 70's that speaks volumes. I would say he is eccentric. EDIT Jack went through secondary school with Ivor that started up Linn not Ivors biggest fan.

Jack can come across very aloof that was my first opinion. The other is his shop door is always locked. You ring the bell go in then the door is locked behind you I found that strange. He is a character can seem strange. Once you understand his ways his knowledge of hifi comes to the forefront he works in the shop himself from taking to him a lot of his day taken up with time wasters. He is very genuine having a hifi shop in Glasgow since the early 70's that speaks volumes. I would say he is eccentric. EDIT Jack went through secondary school with Ivor that started up Linn not Ivors biggest fan.
I know that Stereo Stereo were robbed a few years ago in Glasgow, maybe that's why he keeps the door locked. I have dealt with him a couple of times in the past, he seems OK to me.

I know that Stereo Stereo were robbed a few years ago in Glasgow, maybe that's why he keeps the door locked. I have dealt with him a couple of times in the past, he seems OK to me.
Sadly one of Glasgow's hifi shops now gone Stereo Stereo was a good shop was Linn's main dealer in Glasgow.

I heard the Overture 3s (IIRC) at Scalford one year, driven by an Emile valve integrated and an Oracle Delphi. Sounded sublime to me - pretty much the best system I think I've heard, and my no means the costliest. I'd love a pair and will have a pair before I die...

Thanks for all the replies. V helpful.

I can see that there are enough positives to suggest that this is a brand worthy of consideration.

That said, as ever, tastes do vary and there is no guarantee that I will like them. A good recent example is when I tried my little Leben with some Klipsch Fortes (latest version) that has been very well reviewed of late. The sound was ok but nothing special, to me. Others no doubt think differently.

Re the proprietor North of the Border, I can Imagine that a lifetime of dealing with retail clients might cause you to become v cynical or a bit odd. Regardless it’s all moot as I won’t be going to Glasgow (from London) for a demo.

I will study the pair on ebay instead and set up a search in HIFISHARK.

Cheers,
R

Last edited:
Had a pair of Overture 2. Great speakers, only sold as I got a pair of Bastanis OB’s for a very good price.

advertisement

Back