advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, well it presses all my buttons! The architectural use of line, and frame, in several different aspects of the composition; the exposure / use of contrast is nailed, and it is a rare shot that demonstrates one of the best reasons to use colour at all, to my taste - when it absolutely fundamentally bolts the whole composition together by contrast, as here.

So - yes; I think it is an outstanding image :)

Ucj6DR.jpg

Beaumont-Hamel, the traces of the German 2nd and reserve trenches in the plough, with the infamous Sunken Lane in the treeline beyond, 2018.

The only bit of light I had on on the whole trip came on Sunday afternoon. I normally shy away from making this type of image but I've become more relaxed about that type of thing lately. Much happier to just enjoy being out in the landscape and taking whatever images Mother Nature serves up :)

Llyn Dywarchen by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 24-70mm f4 S

Lefty

Last edited:
The only bit of light I had on on the whole trip came on Sunday afternoon. I normally shy away from making this type of image but I've become more relaxed about that type of thing lately. Much happier to just enjoy being out in the landscape and taking whatever images Mother Nature serves up :)

Lefty

Not sure what type of image it is, but I love it. The S-shaped wall leading straight to the tree, the colours, the beautiful, wild sky. Gorgeous.

Not sure what type of image it is, but I love it. The S-shaped wall leading straight to the tree, the colours, the beautiful, wild sky. Gorgeous.

Thank you Toby - I now also don't understand my previous reluctance to make such images. It was a lovely afternoon and scene.

Lefty

Lefty

I too am wondering what kind of image this is, that you'd shy away from it? Is it too postcard-ish? I don't think so.

I too am wondering what kind of image this is, that you'd shy away from it? Is it too postcard-ish? I don't think so.

Yes, it's the postcard / chocolate box nature of the image. Silly really - I don't feel that way anymore. Happy to make images in whatever conditions I am dealt.

Lefty

something new at last

Iain McCallum , yesterday afternoon

Iain McCallum by Pete, on Flickr

This suffered from what seems to have been an a backing paper issue that a few people have commented on with FP4 - light blotches /spots across the film, most noticeable in the mid-tones. Was a bit apprehensive about shooting with FP4 as had this previously on the pictures of John Duncan, this was a different batch and expiry date (2022) though. Still got another 6 rolls of that batch.

I've known Iain since the late 80's in Edinburgh

https://booksoffice.com/iain-mccallum-head-of-communications/

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back