advertisement

The Good Guys: Seller Feedback (Part V)

A big thanks to mysterypete for an easy, pleasant transaction. Great comms, fast delivery and I am very pleased with the nova.

@Eaton Mess / @Complin / Malcolm from Derby ...

Thought you should all know about this chap.

Original name Complin, now changed to Eaton Mess. Real name (I think) is Malcolm Parker from the Derby area. Also connections with the an email address including the name mbiranek.

Malcolm buys things from people and then doesn’t collect them.

No obvious hardship there you might say. However, I’ve been waiting for him to collect a pair of speakers for over a month now, and he hasn’t replied to any of my messages. To that end, I assumed he was very ill, or worse, and so have paid to store the speakers on his behalf, as the the main reason for selling them was a lack of space here for surplus hifi. In this time however, Malcolm has been well enough to log in to other hifi forums.

During this time I’ve done a bit of homework and found that, sadly, this is pretty standard practice for Malcolm. Other hifi heads have been in touch to warn me, and there’s this from another forum. He started using the ‘Eaton mess’ log in more after the below, rather than ‘Complin’

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?60474-Living-Voice-Speaker-Sale&highlight=Complin

So - if you want to sell an item and actually have it collected maybe don’t agree a deal with Malcolm fromDerby area. An absolute waste of my time, money andenergy.

May I also return the comment.........Booja is a perfect gent to do business with.
Selling to a buyer abroad can sometimes be tricky, but with excellent communication & a great attitude, you can sell to him with confidence.

Just like to say, excellent speedy delivery and great communication from Mike s for his pair of genelec speakers in great condition.
Highly recommended,
Many thanks Martin

Another big thank you from me for Mike S who sold me a nice pair of Apollo speaker stands. They are in excellent condition, came with all the original packaging, and were couriered to me super fast. Buy from Mike with confidence.

Cheers
Dave

A quick mention for "GRC" - recently bought a squeezebox controller off him. Top man! Easy to deal with, speedy delivery, & perfect packaging on the parcel!
Thanks Graeme! Thoroughly recommended!

401 collected from Rcook, great to meet up and talk a bit of hifi and can’t wait to get the project started, cheers mate.

advertisement

Back