advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been in here for a while... I really wanted to crop this in Flickr and make it square.. but for some reasaon Flickr doesn't want to play... Who'd have expected that....?
Is this ok...??..I've straightened the building too...

49441372663_2f7f99cc53.jpg

[

/QUOTE]

Thanks Amar - you're most kind. :)

I remember you having a 105, didn't realise you'd picked up another one but what a lens it is! I've been after one for quite some time now, and finally tracked one down (from a dealer) which arrived the other day. It's in lovely condition, glass is flawless - sure it wasn't cheap, but this is a proper 'cold, dead hands' lens I think. Values are rising, and rising quickly so it was really a now or never.

Also gave in to the demons which have haunted me since selling my trusty old Nikon F3 nearly 20 years ago. I had a huge amount of affection for that camera, it travelled everywhere with me to various parts of the globe and not once did it let me down in any type of weather. It was utterly bombproof, even surviving a couple of motorcycle accidents (I always carried it in a tankbag). Prices of these have gone mental though (I sold mine for 80 quid!!) but I hung out for a decent one at a price which didn't make me wince. This one arrived today and it is in great shape, with the minimum of brassing and new seals. Downside this hobby is in danger of costing me more than hifi did :D

My F3 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

I really can't understand why anyone would bother with this old stuff. You can do so much more with digital, and its a stack cheaper, no waiting for days for your results, and none of those stinking, environmentally unfriendly chemicals.

Here's mine

9JmV8f.jpg

I took the photo on the wall with it about 25 years ago. As you can see, well used and thoroughly battered, but in perfect working order, and still in employment.

And here's another one which I bought last year. Still boxed and mint, it had never had a film through it. I bought it at auction together with an F4s doorstop for £185.

fawbd7.jpg

When I bought my first one I couldn't immediately afford a lens for it, so I just used to hold it a play with the dials. Cost me a fair amount of money.

I also bought an OM2 for my daughter just before Christmas, also boxed and mint, the box like new with all the documentation, user manuals and even the guarantee in its plastic pouch. £130 for the body and another £30 for a good 50mm f1.8. I forgot to photograph it before she took it back to Amsterdam.

Two weeks ago I visited the old nuclear weapon storage site at the former RAF Barnham near Thetford. This place was used to store Blue Danube, including the fissile material, before they were distributed to the region’s V bombers. Decommissioned in 1963, sold to the current owner in 1966. A very interesting place for photography.

Thank you. Really getting into landscapes at the moment, and I’ve just bought myself first L-bracket’ so I’ll see how that goes.

Well, after five weeks, Photobucket is back up and running, I think.

I took this photo over the Christmas holiday at Bawdsey beach. Such a pretty place, and at sunrise I’m usually on my own.

Bawdsey cliff, Suffolk. Sunrise here really does make the cliff at this Site of Special Scientific Interest glow. As with the beach, the cliff is full of fossils.

These are superb. Did you find any drowned Nazi stormtroopers?

I don't know how the Barnham site had slipped under my radar, but then I guess I'm more WW2 oriented in my interests. Looks fascinating.

I don't know how the Barnham site had slipped under my radar, but then I guess I'm more WW2 oriented in my interests. Looks fascinating.

If you’re ever passing nearby on a week day, you can just drive through the site, as it’s now called the Gorse Industrial Estate. As long as you don’t take the micky, I doubt anyone will complain. I went on an organised photo shoot, set up by https://www.throughthelensworkshops/

If you’re ever passing nearby on a week day, you can just drive through the site, as it’s now called the Gorse Industrial Estate. As long as you don’t take the micky, I doubt anyone will complain. I went on an organised photo shoot, set up by https://www.throughthelensworkshops/

I guess Gorse, for all its sharpness, is a gentler name than say, the Plutonium U235 Industrial Estate, or the Smallboy Industrial Estate. Actually, Blue Danube itself is poetic, in a dark way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back