advertisement

The Wam/Kegworth HIFI show 2020

Well, every one of the the shows, so far, has been on a Sunday.
————-
I don’t know this particular case but some things remain opaque to some people no matter what info is provided.
Yes, you've been to the show before, and so have I, but for someone who hasn't, it definitely isn't clear. All it would take is a simple change on the banner to say Sat is for setting up and Sun open to the public. That's how all shows that I know are advertised. They don't normally list the set-up day before the actual show date as if it were also open to the public.

Yes, I accept all of that.

As you say, I’ve been before. In fact I’ve not missed one yet and I fully intend to go again this year. I’m not sure it’s my favourite show any more though as the Cranage show has become very good and the Wam show has, in my view, slightly deteriorated.

Well, every one of the the shows, so far, has been on a Sunday.
————-
I don’t know this particular case but some things remain opaque to some people no matter what info is provided.

I’ve never been before and reading what little information is available (such as the banner ad for last year, and the thread for this) I assumed it was over two days and nearly booked a hotel room for Sat and Sun night. It’s not even obvious where it’s at.

It wouldn’t be difficult to make this information readily available, a sticky thread in the relevant section of the forum would allow mods to add details as they became available.

There is always an assumption that everyone knows the show and how its set up but as I said if you want to attract new attendees then some basic info is all thats needed

The way I see it, if the management can’t be arsed to publicise it properly I can’t be arsed to go. I’m not an addict and becoming less so it seems.

I've been thinking about exhibiting this year but don't drive, if anyone wants to share a room, and maybe some gear, and has a car then PM me (I'm on the edge of N London).

While Saturday is the set up day it is open to those that have bought tickets and quite a few turn up both to help those exhibiting and to enjoy the more laid back vibe of the Saturday evening . I can make no comment on what it was like when at Scalfold as I never visted or exhibited . This will be my third year at Kegworth and they have all been the same . Some of those who purchase advance tickets want to look round Saturday night and they are welcomed many are not able to get there for that night but turn up on the Sunday . The full show as far as I can tell is and always has been Sunday as it is this year. As has been stated already there will be a show web page but in the main this is not done till february once I know it is up will post a link here for those interested. As has clearly been stated by some they view the lack of information provided as being unacceptable and of course this is their choice .

One thing is for definite the hotel has already been booked and the show will be going on that weekend as to when full details will emerge that will be up to the Wam owner who has total control of that side of the show (he is the one paying all of the money up front for the show so it is up to him how this goes)

While Saturday is the set up day it is open to those that have bought tickets and quite a few turn up both to help those exhibiting and to enjoy the more laid back vibe of the Saturday evening . I can make no comment on what it was like when at Scalfold as I never visted or exhibited . This will be my third year at Kegworth and they have all been the same . Some of those who purchase advance tickets want to look round Saturday night and they are welcomed many are not able to get there for that night but turn up on the Sunday . The full show as far as I can tell is and always has been Sunday as it is this year. As has been stated already there will be a show web page but in the main this is not done till february once I know it is up will post a link here for those interested. As has clearly been stated by some they view the lack of information provided as being unacceptable and of course this is their choice .

One thing is for definite the hotel has already been booked and the show will be going on that weekend as to when full details will emerge that will be up to the Wam owner who has total control of that side of the show (he is the one paying all of the money up front for the show so it is up to him how this goes)
Wish I could make it on the Saturday, but I have a gig. I’d love to exhibit myself at some point but having serious mobile issues, I’d have some difficulty lugging a Linn active system and the furniture to house it, I’d have to bring a buddy with me.

PS, so long as I know the show is going ahead, and that I can get tickets, I’m happy. I started the thread because I couldn’t see any publicity for this year’s show, only last year’s.

My friend is an audiophile at heart and a huge music lover but due to family commitments/restraints hasn’t actually got much of a system anymore (so shares mine regularly), he’ll love this show, both for the diversity of kit, and the music.

So could Bencat or one of the other wammers on here who's au fait with this show please confirm the following details?:)

Kegworth Show (aka the Hifi WigWam Show) March 14-15, 2020
Kegworth Hotel and Conference Centre DE74 2DF
March 14th - exhibitor set up (also open to public with advance tickets if and when they are for sale)
March 15th - open to the public
Ticket prices and times TBC
Free on-site parking

So could Bencat or one of the other wammers on here who's au fait with this show please confirm the following details?:)

Kegworth Show (aka the Hifi WigWam Show) March 14-15, 2020
Kegworth Hotel and Conference Centre DE74 2DF
March 14th - exhibitor set up (also open to public with advance tickets if and when they are for sale)
March 15th - open to the public
Ticket prices and times TBC
Free on-site parking

They are correct but subject to change. I hope that there will be official confirmation of everything ASAP.

@linnfomaniac83 You can exhibit if you want to . Even if you are on your own (I have done the show the last two years on my own) . Reason is the other Wammers in attendance both exhibitors and friends are there to help you all you need to do is ask . Kegworth is only over three floors and only two of them are used for exhibit rooms and they are served by a lift. Trolleys are around and can be borrowed to make the move a few less trips .

An example of how nice people can be at about 09.15 last year just before the show was to open I blew up a pair of Quad 405 amps making my active system fully silent. Without me asking at four other exhibitors called in and offered me loan amplifiers to get through the show , this despite knowing full well that I had blown up not one but two amplifiers and had no idea how. I was touched by the kindness shown but did not use anyone elses items due to fear of damaging them as well . But the point is without any consideration for their own equipment they made the offer.

Anyone on here who attends the show either to exhibit or just for a listen please call in to my room and say hello and introduce yourselves . I think that like last year we will be wearing labels showing our forum name which for me is the same for this and the Wam . Bring a CD or ask me for some music , then laugh and skit my efforts at tring to make a system sound musical it is all good fun . Better still buy me a drink Guiness for prefernce . If you ask me nicely I will most likely have a bottle of malt stached and you can have a dram of that .

The people who go to the immense trouble of demonstrating at this show are the real highlight and total stars in every way - it really is an exceedingly friendly event. Don’t be fooled by the way you may perceive the Wam forum, the show couldn’t be more welcoming.

@linnfomaniac83 You can exhibit if you want to . Even if you are on your own (I have done the show the last two years on my own) . Reason is the other Wammers in attendance both exhibitors and friends are there to help you all you need to do is ask . Kegworth is only over three floors and only two of them are used for exhibit rooms and they are served by a lift. Trolleys are around and can be borrowed to make the move a few less trips .

An example of how nice people can be at about 09.15 last year just before the show was to open I blew up a pair of Quad 405 amps making my active system fully silent. Without me asking at four other exhibitors called in and offered me loan amplifiers to get through the show , this despite knowing full well that I had blown up not one but two amplifiers and had no idea how. I was touched by the kindness shown but did not use anyone elses items due to fear of damaging them as well . But the point is without any consideration for their own equipment they made the offer.

Anyone on here who attends the show either to exhibit or just for a listen please call in to my room and say hello and introduce yourselves . I think that like last year we will be wearing labels showing our forum name which for me is the same for this and the Wam . Bring a CD or ask me for some music , then laugh and skit my efforts at tring to make a system sound musical it is all good fun . Better still buy me a drink Guiness for prefernce . If you ask me nicely I will most likely have a bottle of malt stached and you can have a dram of that .
I remember that clearly, I was sat having a coffee in the canteen when you came in and announced your plight... I felt gutted for you. I will try to exhibit next year, it’d be good fun!

It looks as if Peter (Wam owner ) is quiet at mo. Paul ( Maverick) is the self appointed voice at the mo
erm not quite correct, I have nothing really to add to what little we know (I'm not even a mod there remember)
I was asked to help mods last year with the allocation spreadsheet, we managed to get every exhibitor on 2 floors which made it easier I hope for visitors (obv with 50 requests for rooms then all 3 floors will be needed this year)
I offered some time ago a little help again for the 2020 show but received no response so I have to assume all is in hand without me

I'm hoping to exhibit again this year and have been frantically building a pair of Linkwitz Orion's in the hope I'm lucky enough to get one of the bigger rooms. If I don't get one of the big rooms, I'll dig out another pair of speaker I expect. It great fun, do come along.

Shows are a communal effort but there always has to be a focal point as in when James did them and he ultimately said yay or nay . I know the wammers and other forum members are chomping at the bit and trying to make headway here so a release can be made asap
Duvet,
Are you the X owner of the WAM forum ?

advertisement

Back