advertisement

Photo Theme 265 - A Sense of Scale - closing date midnight 19 January

ian123running

pfm Member
The theme is ‘A Sense of Scale’. Interpret any way you like. Hopefully plenty of entries!

1) ONE photograph to have been taken between this post and the end date (GMT/UTC midnight)
2) Max dimensions 800 x 800px, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

Themes so far have been:

Cold; Unruly/disobedient; 4 Legged; My favourite Beauty Spot; Simple; Weather; Decay; Old & New; Rhythm; Motion; Portrait; Inside; Work, Rest or Play; Spring; Three; Light; Up; Charm; Feminine; Bokeh; Naked; Upside Down; Natural World; Square; Long Exposure; Sliding; Dream; Street; Autumnal; Night; Fish out of Water; Candid; Winterval; Hope; Portrait; Simplicity; Lines; Coast; Power; Bleak; Close up; Rock; Mechanical; Reflection; Two of; Abstract; Green; Humour; Curves; Fruit; Mother nature; Smooth; Neon; "on forever's very now we stand"; At the water's edge; "Out with the old, in with the new"; Warm; Stranger; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Still Life; Sparkling; Distant; Intertwine; Flow; Paths; Freedom; Numbers; Urban; Faces Everywhere; Beautiful Evidence; Angles; Static; Shadows; Darlin' Companion; Chill; Single Colour; Atmosphere; Isolation; Implementation; Texture; Hidden; Silhouettes; Leisure; Sphere of Influence; Yes; Set; White noise; Another Fine Mess; Industrial; Interstitial; From Above; Age; Tension; Top to Bottom; Evening; Comfort; Wind; Yellow; On your doorstep; Complex; Vanishing Point; Indulgence; After Dark; Gesture; Parking; Incongruous; Spring Has Sprung; Infrastructure; Commerce; On Two Wheels; Lush; Feet; Athletic; Water; Go; Lunch; Escapism; Pause; Uncovered; Beer; Window; Contrast; Time; Voluptuous; Numerous; Patience; Wood; Objets Trouvés; Signs; Highly Strung; Park life; Transport; Symmetry; Enterprise; Interaction; Walls; Folded; Distorted; The Look of Love; The last days of Summer; Looking Out; Rustic; Polly Wants A Cracker; Oops; Wet Wet Wet; Building; Relaxing; Line; Food; Moving Still; Triangle; Noise; Empty; Tranquillity; Discontinuous; Translucent; The eyes have it, Disproportionate, Doors, Revolution; Recreation; Impression(ist); At the Market; Eye; Your neighbourhood; Straight out of camera! Round; Portal; Transport; Shopping Madness; High or Low; Hands; Back to Basics; The Golden Hour; Character; Bath; Vertical; Anticipation; Bloom; Bliss; Small; Grand Day Out; Red; Highlight; Modern World; Speed; Family; Holidays; Remote; Orange; Grain; Hardware; Construction; Reflect; Grey; Desolate; Morning; For the Record; Out & About; Massive; Thirds; Food of Love; The Great Outdoors; Sharp; Rubbish; The Facility; Independence; Shapes Everywhere; Constant Variable; Labour; Before & After; Glass; Great Balls of Fire; Anything Goes; Song Titles; Up Close; Black & White; Look Up or Look Down; Sporting Action; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Less Is More; Sunlight; Horsepower; Feet in the Picture; Sand, Sea or Sky; Frame It; Steel; Low light; Wings; 4 Legged; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Crowded; Retail; Cold; Arches; Space; Movement; Anything Goes (twice in a row); Outside; Emergency Services; Work; Scorch; Tiny; Album cover; Non-linear; Fill the frame; Rust; Festive sprit; New beginning; Open (anything goes);Texture / Dominant Colour; Close to home; Favourite thing; Open; Portrait: Green in black and white; Large!; Below; Changing Seasons; Technology; Xmas Excess

Ian

170312338.ok0EYoXK.ludo_lk01.jpg

Ludo providing some foreground interest and a sense of scale to the Loch Katrine landscape on New Years Day.

What IS that?
It looks like a microscope shot of some kind of crystal but I'm totally foxed by that!
Its like one of those photos off Ask The Family!
I'm probably totally wrong, but it looks cool.

OK before I decide - I do want to know what it is! Could we have a caption @miktec ?

I was tempted to put something clever about a time machine ... but Ducatiist was bang on the money; it's actually an extreme macro of a translucent slice of Agate - backlit with a (warm) halogen source, frontlit with a (cool) white led.

Is that enough detail Ian?

Last edited:
I was tempted to put something clever about a time machine ... but Ducatiist was bang on the money; it's actually an extreme macro of a translucent slice of Agate - backlit with a (warm) halogen source, frontlit with a (cool) white led.

Is that enough detail Ian?
Yes thanks. Lots to think about....

Sorry about that - I was away without the computer. Anyway...

The winner is @miktec for the beguiling extreme macro. Awesome detail, lighting and and colours and love the fact that at first I didn't know if it was galactic, human or microscopic scale.

If this had not been submitted I think I would have picked SteveG - with Ludo adding scale to a wonderful landscape. And I really liked Pete's lens too - that effect works really well here and the design is a classic.

They are all good though and thanks all for making this such a difficult decision!

Well thank you Steve, and for the kind words .... I'm all blushing now - can you tell?

As to a theme; I have summat in mind - presume I just cut and paste the rules etc and give a couple of weeks for response?

Yep don't forget to add the last theme to the list.

Possibly do 3 weeks as we don't get much day light in this hemisphere!

Pete

advertisement

Back