advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tones

Tones deaf
I thought the Aberfan episode was superb.
I was fascinated by the one that depicted a proposed coup against Harold Wilson's Labour Government that would have put Lord Mountbatten in charge as a universally-respected figurehead. I was in university at the time and I remember rumblings of such a proposed coup. Must read more about it.

I was fascinated by the one that depicted a proposed coup against Harold Wilson's Labour Government that would have put Lord Mountbatten in charge as a universally-respected figurehead. I was in university at the time and I remember rumblings of such a proposed coup. Must read more about it.

just remember The Crown is a drama and plays fast and loose with the truth.

The Messiah is fascinating.

Speculation that series 2, if there is a series 2, could take it in a completely different direction.

The New Pope looks sumptuous.

The Messiah is fascinating.

Speculation that series 2, if there is a series 2, could take it in a completely different direction.

Agreed, and much more watchable than I thought it would be.

The big reveal in the final episode that he is a Liverpool fan was a nice surprise! :D

The hint is that he is to become THE very naughtiest boy of all naughty boys ever in series 2.

COBRA on Sky is looking good. I’m 2 episodes in.
And wonderful to see the beautiful Marsha Thomason back on UK television.

Last edited:
"Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez" is now on Netflix.

The documentary tells the story of a rising 23-year old NFL star who was convicted of murder. It touches on quite a few subjects (the entitlement of sports stars, repressed sexual orientation, the effects of CTE) and is, at times, a tough watch.

The documentary tells the story of a rising 23-year old NFL star who was convicted of murder. It touches on quite a few subjects (the entitlement of sports stars, repressed sexual orientation, the effects of CTE) and is, at times, a tough watch.

Any good Hook? (Seen it pop up as an ad this last week or so)

Haven't finished it yet but it's hard to comprehend the workings of the mindset that would carry out what is alleged so far.

Titans on Netflix is excellent if you're a superhero fan.

Stephen
Loved Series 1 saving Series 2 up so I can binge it

Treadstone on Prime is pretty good so far, couple episodes in

Been catching some shows I've just skimmed past for ages for some reason, few that I've really liked but will be old hat to most I expect - Heroes, Hannibal, Sense8 and The Americans - all well above average.

Any good Hook? (Seen it pop up as an ad this last week or so)

I thought it was very well done, and I learned quite a few things that I had not heard while this was an ongoing news story.

But as I suggested, it is not a feel good show! As Gassor said, it is impossible to fully understand how someone like Hernandez could have done what he did, but I do think it is good to shed light on the societal and medical issues surrounding the case.

Well worth a view IMO.

I thought it was very well done, and I learned quite a few things that I had not heard while this was an ongoing news story.

But as I suggested, it is not a feel good show! As Gassor said, it is impossible to fully understand how someone like Hernandez could have done what he did, but I do think it is good to shed light on the societal and medical issues surrounding the case.

Well worth a view IMO.

Thank you, will give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back