advertisement

Derek Fowlds RIP

Blimey. I've just been stuck in bed with Norovirus for the last 3 days watching Yes Minister. He was married to Lesley Judd, don't you know. RIP.

“Humphrey isn’t God.”

“Shall I tell him minister, or will you?”

The three main characters were so wonderful in their roles. They brought the characters to life with brilliant comic timing. Though nominally the smaller role, Derek Fowlds character Bernard Woolley was the essential foil and link between Jim Hacker and Sir Humphrey.

my childhood is slipping away one character at a time

Be thankful you're not Chinese, then. :D

'Yes Minister' and other derivations were one of the high points of British comedy. I think all three are now departed, but the inevitability of it all does make one more pensive as one climbs the senile citizen birthday ladder.

I wasn’t a BB fan. Damned annoying puppet.
Derek was great in ‘Yes Minister’ and very much so in ‘Heartbeat.’
I miss ‘Heartbeat.’

Just had a look at IMDb and he’s been in 18 shows I’ve watched over the years. My favourite probably being ‘Chancer’ with Clive Owen.
For some reason I mixed up Fowlds being in a 70’s comedy about a Vicar / Monastery. The name of that’ll bug me the rest of the day!

Just had a look at IMDb and he’s been in 18 shows I’ve watched over the years. My favourite probably being ‘Chancer’ with Clive Owen.
For some reason I mixed up Fowlds being in a 70’s comedy about a Vicar / Monastery. The name of that’ll bug me the rest of the day!

“Oh Brother” starring Derek Nimmo perhaps?

advertisement

Back