advertisement

Poll : Next Labour Leader.

Who would you like as next leader of the L.P.

• Lisa Nandy

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Keir Starmer

Votes: 88 50.3%
  • Jess Phillips

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Angela Rayner

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Rebecca Long-Bailey

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Emily Thornberry

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 35 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Internal party politics is a massive turn off for the electorate, it

The 'wink' is to show that it is a light hearted comment & it's not meant to cause offence. The opposite of what you interpreted. I use it all the time with my peers, who are a very mixed bunch.

I went out of my way to not offend but did so anyway. Can't win.

That’s fair enough. I don’t find it offensive, just irritating. Tbh it could be seen as a bit of a dick move on my part to point it out. I was just letting you know how it can come across, regardless of how it’s intended.

You're not besieged on all sides by those who will take offence at your every word. Some people love to think that they’re forced into feeling that way (see Daily Male cartoon strip). Hopefully you’re not one of them.

That’s fair enough. I don’t find it offensive, just irritating. Tbh it could be seen as a bit of a dick move on my part to point it out. I was just letting you know how it can come across, regardless of how it’s intended.

You're not besieged on all sides by those who will take offence at your every word. Some people love to think that they’re forced into feeling that way (see Daily Male cartoon strip). Hopefully you’re not one of them.
It was certainly an interesting response.

I've never suggested being 'beseiged' so I am not sure what you mean there, sorry. I do try to tone down my comments on here but I don't always succeed on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back