advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

For those who do not have it the CD box set of John Coltrane The Heavyweight Champion - Complete Atlantic Recordings is now down to £15.98 on Amazon. I have the Mono vinyl box set and some individual early stereo pressings, but I couldn't resist it at this price if only for the extra's in the set.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E5R5TAA/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
From Whatrecords .
s_products94097a.jpg

New Boots And Panties!!: 40th Anniversary 4CD+ CLEAR LP+Book Set

by IAN DURY

Release Date: 26 November 2019

Format: Box Set Vinyl

Label: Edsel Records

Was £49.99 Now £24.99

Ian Dury New Boots And Panties!!: 40th Anniversary Edition 4CD+ CLEAR VINYL LP+Book Set

EXCLUSIVE EDITION WITH CLEAR VINYL LP.
CD1 – Original Album

1. Wake Up And Make Love With Me
2. Sweet Gene Vincent
3. I’m Partial To Your Abracadabra
4. My Old Man
5. Billericay Dickie
6. Clevor Trever
7. If I Was With A Woman
8. Blockheads
9. Plaistow Patricia
10. Blackmail Man

CD2 – Bonus Tracks

1. Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll
2. Razzle In My Pocket
3. You’re More Than Fair
4. England’s Glory [live]
5. Close To Home
6. Two Steep Hills
7. Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (BBC John Peel Session 12/12/1977)
8. Clevor Trever (BBC John Peel Session 12/12/1977)
9. Sweet Gene Vincent (BBC John Peel Session 12/12/1977)
10. Blockheads (BBC John Peel Session 12/12/1977)

CD3 – Demo Versions

1. Wake Up And Make Love With Me (Demo)
2. Sink My Boats (Demo)
3. Apples (Demo)
4. England’s Glory (Demo)
5. Tell The Children (Demo)
6. I Made Mary Cry (Demo)
7. Sweet Gene Vincent [backing track] (Demo)
8. Blackmail Man (Demo)
9. My Old Man (Demo)
10. Something’s Going To Happen In The Winter (Demo)
11. Wifey (Demo)
12. Sink My Boats [alternate version] (Demo)
13. I’m Partial To Your Abracadabra (Demo)
14. If I Was With A Woman (Demo)
15. Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (Demo)
16. Clevor Trever (Demo)
17. Blockheads (Demo)

CD4 – Live At The Paris Theatre, London – 01/07/1978

1. Sex & Drugs And Rock And Roll (Live)
2. Wake Up And Make Love With Me (Live)
3. Clevor Trever (Live)
4. Plaistow Patricia (Live)
5. I Made Mary Cry (Live)
6. What A Waste (Live)
7. Blockheads (Live)
8. If I Was With A Woman (Live)
9. Upminster Kid (Live)
10. Sweet Gene Vincent (Live)
11. Sex & Drugs And Rock And Roll (Live)

Vinyl – Original Album

1. Wake Up And Make Love With Me
2. Sweet Gene Vincent
3. I’m Partial To Your Abracadabra
4. My Old Man
5. Billericay Dickie
6. Clevor Trever
7. If I Was With A Woman
8. Blockheads
9. Plaistow Patricia
10. Blackmail Man

How about a Beatsteaks (Berlin punky rock band) 2 LP and 1 CD set which includes a 15 Euro donation to Amnesty International, all for the price of £11.65?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072PTY31D/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
Starbucks thanks for this HU.
My box set arrived earlier and what a set it is.
Wouldn't call them punk a rock band yes and a good one at that.
Don't understand how they can produce this for the money being charged.
R-10839485-1532963743-7072.jpeg.jpg

R-10839485-1532963741-9582.jpeg.jpg

R-10839485-1505153148-4740.jpeg.jpg

R-10839485-1505153141-4500.jpeg.jpg

R-10839485-1505153145-2605.jpeg.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Leeds HMV is closing down ahead of the new store opening in another location. They have 20% off EVERYTHING, including stuff in the sale, boxsets, books etc... Kiwanuka CD for £3.99, Beck's new LP on red vinyl £10.39 a couple of examples

For those who do not have it the CD box set of John Coltrane The Heavyweight Champion - Complete Atlantic Recordings is now down to £15.98 on Amazon. I have the Mono vinyl box set and some individual early stereo pressings, but I couldn't resist it at this price if only for the extra's in the set.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavyweight-Champion-Complete-Atlantic-Recordings/dp/B00E5R5TAA/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3H5QPVHBSCVHP&keywords=john+coltrane+box+set&qid=1577030874&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=John+Coltrane+bo,aps,176&sr=8-2
That’s insane!

I’m not familiar with the vinyl but the CD box at that price is incredible
I was about to be annoyed with Amazon, but I see through my old orders that I only paid £20.04 six and a bit years ago, so I forgive them for that at least.

It’s the really annoying box though isn’t it where all the tracks are there but in completely the wrong order. The vinyl is a completely different set up if I recall.
I ripped all the CDs, duplicated the files and rearranged the duplicates into the original albums with extra tracks etc. at the end for the best of both worlds. I had to do the same with the Ornette Atlantic box.

It’s the really annoying box though isn’t it where all the tracks are there but in completely the wrong order. The vinyl is a completely different set up if I recall.

For me this works and makes sense in the context of this box set as all the tracks are in the order they were recorded based the marstertape box numbers & dates and the session notes. (The one exception is the Coltrane Legacy disc that is comprised almost entirely of alternate and incomplete takes that was not released till 1970). The intention was not to reproduce the original albums.

It gives a better idea of Coltranes development. For instance Bags & Trane wasn't released until Dec. 1961, but was recorded on 15th Jan. 1959 well after the release of Giant Steps, Coltrane Jazz and My Favourite Things. I suppose it makes less sense if you don't have the originals in one form or another.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavyweight-Champion-Complete-Atlantic-Recordings/dp/B00E5R5TAA/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3H5QPVHBSCVHP&keywords=john+coltrane+box+set&qid=1577030874&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=John+Coltrane+bo,aps,176&sr=8-2

Back up to £23, but what the heck, seven CDs for three quid apiece.........bought! :D

I see Qobuz are selling the CD-quality download of the ten disc Albert Ayler box set “Holy Ghost”, currently £175 on Amazon, for an eminently reasonable £8.99.

advertisement

Back