advertisement

The Wam/Kegworth HIFI show 2020

linnfomaniac83

I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!
I’m not a member of the Wam but I’ve always loved the Scalford/Kegworth show, I’ve been waiting for details but I’ve seen nothing... is it dead?

That’s all I could find, and that list was started on the 19th of March last year. There’s no promotional/ticket info online yet and the show, if going ahead is only two months away. Me and my buddy have a day off today and we’re having a music day... we were discussing the show, he’s never been and I’d like to bring him with me.

That’s all I could find, and that list was started on the 19th of March last year. There’s no promotional/ticket info online yet and the show, if going ahead is only two months away. Me and my buddy have a day off today and we’re having a music day... we were discussing the show, he’s never been and I’d like to bring him with me.

Yes, surprising that the show website hasn't been updated but there are wam posts today on the show so it seems 'on'
I am am member but rarely visit these days.

It looks as if Peter (Wam owner ) is quiet at mo. Paul ( Maverick) is the self appointed voice at the mo

Strictly speaking, Rachel Lambie owns it (Peter's OH) as Hifi Global Ltd but they had a separate company formed for the show, 'The Hifi Show Ltd' , but that was dissolved in Dec 19.

Not really sure then! Some fishes exhibit so I guess they know more.

Strictly speaking, Rachel Lambie owns it (Peter's OH) as Hifi Global Ltd but they had a separate company formed for the show, 'The Hifi Show Ltd' , but that was dissolved in Dec 19.

Not really sure then! Some fishes exhibit so I guess they know more.
I’ll keep my eyes peeled for info, I’d like to attend if it’s on, it’s a good day out, and my buddy would love it too.

Good news guys the Wam Show is full steam ahead.

The hotel is booked, the number of systems in the show is very high (>50) and it is looking to be the best yet. There is a very healthy thread on the Wam on the show and everything is looking good. So if you want to attend (and why not?) then put the date in your diary and get the chance to hear a wide range of enthusiasts' systems that will be properly installed in the rooms.

There will be nowhere else in the UK where you can hear modern high-quality systems, golden oldies, valves systems galore and a few systems with Naim. And most of the guys will be happy to play your choice of music rather than playing safe music.

Good news guys the Wam Show is full steam ahead.

The hotel is booked, the number of systems in the show is very high (>50) and it is looking to be the best yet. There is a very healthy thread on the Wam on the show and everything is looking good. So if you want to attend (and why not?) then put the date in your diary and get the chance to hear a wide range of enthusiasts' systems that will be properly installed in the rooms.

There will be nowhere else in the UK where you can hear modern high-quality systems, golden oldies, valves systems galore and a few systems with Naim. And most of the guys will be happy to play your choice of music rather than playing safe music.
I’ll be there for sure!

I have had a room for the two years that the show has been at Kegworth and will be there again this year . The work needed to get things together and set up is huge but the whole weekend is a blast . So as has been said this hsow is on and will be on the same dates it always has been . I am sure Peter will have the details and ticket availability sorted soon so anyone who wants can buy in advance if they want to.

As far as i know there are over 50 rooms fully committed but there will still be a few places left so if anyone feels they would like to have a go then sign up on the spread sheet at the link given. I can promise you it will be huge fun and well worth the effort , what i can not inoculate you against is that it becomes addictive and you will want to sign up 2021 . This is why the spread sheet and thread was started so early after the 2019 show because so many wanted to ensure they could get a room confirmed for this year .

They're a bit of a cliquey lot over at the HiFi Tent. They don't want to publicise it too much because they'd get other people turning up.

I know that this can appear to be the case but it is not what most on the forum want. You need to understand that the Wam is owned by one individual and they control all of the output regarding the show. So they are the only one that can update and create the HiFi Wigwam Web Page and insert all the details . We have asked for this bit so far it has not happened and there has been no communication from that individual that will be the definitive answer.

I am happy to answer any question I can but please be aware I am just a member so I may not know all of the answers. The Wam Show will be held on the weekend of March 14/15th and the Kegworth Hotel is the venue for the exhibitors rooms. Currently there are so many rooms given up for the exhibit that it is not likely that there will be any spare rooms for guests to book but there is a Great Western Hotel nearby which is only about 150 yards from the venue . Kegworth is easily reached by Motorway and is close to Castle Donnington in the Midlands . East Midlands Airport is also close by .
The show itself in case anyone does not know is a non commercial show in that there are no Trade rooms all of the rooms are individual wammers and members of other forums own systems and you get a wide range of equipment some of which you may never have heard before.

As to the details of the show Saturday 14th March is the set up day . Exhibitors will arrive and get there rooms up and working and then over the Saturday night will use the time to get to listen to many of the other systems and have a drink and relax (not always the case when things go wrong but the ideal scenario) . Anyone with a ticket is welcome to attend and perhaps help out and have a listen and talk with other enthusiasts and listen to soe music .

Main event takes place on the Sunday with an early 09.30 / 10.00 (apologies I forget which it was) and this is a ticket only event which goes on through the whole day .

Hope this helps and answers a few questions , if not either post here or if you prefer PM me and I will try and help . I and I am sure all other exhibitors want as many people as possible to turn up and enjoy what we are doing . It is lots of hard work to exhibit and a bit pointless if no one comes to have a listen . Anyone that wants to can buy a ticket and please do , bring your own music CD , USB stick only for my system but lots of others will have Vinyl systems .

I know that this can appear to be the case but it is not what most on the forum want. You need to understand that the Wam is owned by one individual and they control all of the output regarding the show. So they are the only one that can update and create the HiFi Wigwam Web Page and insert all the details . We have asked for this bit so far it has not happened and there has been no communication from that individual that will be the definitive answer.

I am happy to answer any question I can but please be aware I am just a member so I may not know all of the answers. The Wam Show will be held on the weekend of March 14/15th and the Kegworth Hotel is the venue for the exhibitors rooms. Currently there are so many rooms given up for the exhibit that it is not likely that there will be any spare rooms for guests to book but there is a Great Western Hotel nearby which is only about 150 yards from the venue . Kegworth is easily reached by Motorway and is close to Castle Donnington in the Midlands . East Midlands Airport is also close by .
The show itself in case anyone does not know is a non commercial show in that there are no Trade rooms all of the rooms are individual wammers and members of other forums own systems and you get a wide range of equipment some of which you may never have heard before.

As to the details of the show Saturday 14th March is the set up day . Exhibitors will arrive and get there rooms up and working and then over the Saturday night will use the time to get to listen to many of the other systems and have a drink and relax (not always the case when things go wrong but the ideal scenario) . Anyone with a ticket is welcome to attend and perhaps help out and have a listen and talk with other enthusiasts and listen to soe music .

Main event takes place on the Sunday with an early 09.30 / 10.00 (apologies I forget which it was) and this is a ticket only event which goes on through the whole day .

Hope this helps and answers a few questions , if not either post here or if you prefer PM me and I will try and help . I and I am sure all other exhibitors want as many people as possible to turn up and enjoy what we are doing . It is lots of hard work to exhibit and a bit pointless if no one comes to have a listen . Anyone that wants to can buy a ticket and please do , bring your own music CD , USB stick only for my system but lots of others will have Vinyl systems .
That’s good to hear, and believe me, the effort is appreciated, I love the show. I’m not really interested in commercial shows but the wam show is fantastic. I’ll be buying two tickets as soon as they become available!

advertisement

Back