advertisement

Can you make headphones sound like real loudspeakers? We're giving it a go

Got my Headspace and I’m pretty happy with what it does. I need a better source than my iPad and better cans than SR80s but within these constraints it does add space.

Thanks, glad you liked it and it worked for you. We do find you do get a better experience with a better source and headphones, but in general and as a percentage it enhances lesser ones more. More of an observation than a deliberate thing.

Anymore feedback on this? Like to know more of people's experiences so far. Anyone try it with movies or sports matches?

Anyone compared to the Chord Hugo crossfeed button? I haven’t spent much time using it but couldn’t tell any difference when quickly switching it off and on on a few tracks so have ignored it since :)

Am using Campfire Solaris

Could someone please make me a new head, including contents, I have plenty of old phones.

Bloss

Anyone compared to the Chord Hugo crossfeed button? I haven’t spent much time using it but couldn’t tell any difference when quickly switching it off and on on a few tracks so have ignored it since :)

Am using Campfire Solaris
The crossfeed on the Hugo TT 2 made an increasingly noticeable difference on each incremental setting through all of the open-back headphones I tried (IIRC there are 3 crossfeed settings on the TT 2 plus the 'off' setting). The Bard's Headspace has a similar effect though I did not compare it directly to the TT 2's crossfeed.

The advantage of having a crossfeed button on the amp is that it's very easy to quickly switch it on and off to hear its effect in real-time. With the Headspace you have to rely on your memory a little as it takes a few seconds to unplug/replug it. The beauty of the Headspace is it can be used with any amp you like and is killer value for money.

Thanks, also many built in crossfeeds are active (over and above the amp itself) this alone adds a different character. Headspace is a passive, non attenuating solution which hopefully also sounds good.

Haider

I have a range of headgear and I can't specifically say that it is less effective on a particular type. I would say the improvement in over all performance is better in the less expensive earbuds and over ear phones, but even in the so called high end pro models (which I use a lot for recording) the effect or correction is clear. It (The Bard's Headspace) does make for a more pleasant experience even if sometimes you can't quite put your finger on it. It never sounds 'enhanced' as such in the exaggerated sense.

It just brings back the music. I hope that makes sense?

Haider

Yeah thinking of moving on my Hugo anyway for something more portable, plus it’s a bit too hissy - so might get one of your thingys to go with and have a play :)

Can I use this with my Jabra evolve 80 headset without affecting the microphone?
I don't think so, but Haider will have to confirm.
I bought one when it first became available and can agree that the Headspace effect on my Master & Dynamic ME05 driven by a "Gatorised" Beresford Caiman does not sound artificial at all. I took it off for a while to see the effect without it, and now cannot find where I put it!

I bought one for myself; then my husband kept borrowing it if he wanted to do mixdowns on headphones - so I bought him one.
Then two other friends tried it; so that was their Chrismas presents sorted.

advertisement

Back