advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! You'd be surprised just how much detail and attention has been put into making them, but yes, theirs nothing like sitting in front of the full scale works at the Tate.
Like to see a close up if you did the Rothko’s yourself

Very nice, but if my system is anything to go by that glass/wood table would affect the sound too much?

Its not that big, 800x800mm and theres plenty of 'soft stuff' in the room. The 3x4m 60-ish KG rug sorts the room acoustics out.

Last edited:
Both old pictures but you get the idea, gone back to the NHT's and sold the Arrays a while back (a mistake in retrospect, although the NHT's are better at some things, horses for courses). Nothing has changed much in the second picture other than seating i can spin round on like doctor evil, and better acoustic treatment, the speakers are now spiked to the floor.
Not much to show equipment wise the 4 NHT monoblocks and crossover are in a closet and functional rather than blingy. Rest of the system is EE Minimax Preamp and Azur CA Dac. Have a bedroom 90's system too which is ProAc D15's, Magnum Integrated/ DPA and various other Dacs and a Dynaudio/Sunfire active setup in another room too.

49298350106_1ddc2a5453_b.jpg

49298553827_62d7996550_b.jpg

Nice clean setup. Could you add the system description? The speakers look interesting

Elegant simple setup.

Thanks gents, system details are:

Amp: Audionet DNA 2.0 + EPS G2 PSU
Speakers: 432 Point5 (my own design)
Stands: solidsteel SS-5
Speaker cables: Atlas Ichor MK2 (aka Mavros)

roon server: QNAP TS-251+8GB RAM & 2x1TB Sandisk ultra II SSDs
roon server: Teddy Prado Dual 12v LPSU

Mains cables: H07RN-F 3 x 2.5mm with Permaplug & Schurter IEC
Mains distribution: Pro-Ject Connect-it Power Block 4-way 16A
USB cable: Nobility Eagle E-580US
Network cables: CAT7

Media unit: made.com

Last edited:
Shatterhand...

Nothing has changed much in the second picture other than seating i can spin round on like doctor evil, and better acoustic treatment

They are on the wall now, (although the JBL's were fairly even and focused i could get away with just the GIK panels to take away the flutter echo) i've got a mixture of them and the Vicoustics, i got a job lot of them at a good price! The NHT's are infinite baffle, the floor is a void so it creates a null at 100hz or so which makes the NHT's a bit lean in the Mid-bass if your not sitting in the right spot. The JBL had a hump at 100Hz that cancelled out the null, so were much richer sounding, as well as being a ported design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back