advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those IMF's are indeed beauties, and I also like the stands they are on as well! Are those Role Audio speakers to the sides of the IMF's?

Those IMF's are indeed beauties, and I also like the stands they are on as well! Are those Role Audio speakers to the sides of the IMF's?

Wow Tim you must be one in a million who recognises the Roles! These particular ones were marketed at the Croft Acoustic Holograms back when they were sold alongside Croft amplification (note the Croft 7 power amp in the rack). The IMFs are also hugely impressive!

Also in the line up is the Auralic Aries Mini with Arcam BB1 DAC (TDA1541) doing the digital conversion duties. The BB1 is hugely sensitive to both transport and placement - get any of those wrong and the BB1 falls flat on its face - get it right and it's a different animal!

Interesting on the Roles being marketed as Croft Holograms, never knew that! I have only ever heard the Sampan model of Role, been quite sometime back. Interesting little speaker line. And yes, did notice the Croft Series 7, they always catch my eye for the sheer simplistic, spartan looks, and as I own some Croft, love their sound too! Well done on your system! Enjoy!

Interesting on the Roles being marketed as Croft Holograms, never knew that! I have only ever heard the Sampan model of Role, been quite sometime back. Interesting little speaker line. And yes, did notice the Croft Series 7, they always catch my eye for the sheer simplistic, spartan looks, and as I own some Croft, love their sound too! Well done on your system! Enjoy!

Yes there's nothing bling or showy in my system - not very photogenic for the System pics thread :).

Small mod to my Lara’s that has worked well in my office system

49252670866_8f98e7267c_b.jpg

Larcs now on ply stands with door stops as feet (rather than the two books the were on)

49252196468_f903850132_b.jpg

...with cut outs for cable...

49252872157_3e6b5bf757_b.jpg

... main reason for making the stands was convenience, so that I can pick them up and move them easily as I work at different spaces, but they sound a lot more open now and bass is more pronounced esp a low volumes.

Happy with sound, so next step it to take the time to make a decent looking, better made pair

I miss my little Larcs, I may see about grabbing another pair in the new year. I have a much smaller room in which to put them, which will be better to their liking.

The eagles have landed....

Rigged up the MBL's 101's this morning and they are sounding fab, even with double runs of 35 yr old Naim A4 LS cables. I'll be buying more suitable cable in due course.
Also will be selling a load of hifi and camera gear that I've gathered over the years along with the B&W 800 D2's, all in the PF classified section.
Happy holidays :D

5cdb436f-87f5-4e93-9308-ab7530a86038-original.jpg

49ff5dc5-c94c-4e8f-a6f5-dbc35eb2af8f-original.jpg

Rigged up the MBL's 101's this morning and they are sounding fab, even with double runs of 35 yr old Naim A4 LS cables. I'll be buying more suitable cable in due course.
Also will be selling a load of hifi and camera gear that I've gathered over the years along with the B&W 800 D2's, all in the PF classified section.

very nice indeed

Do you have any problems with the coaxial input of Arcam BB?

I only have a coax input on this DAC, so no, I don't have any issues with it at all. The only issue with it is that I wish it didn't sound so darn good because it's a fussy bugger (it needs and excellent transport and good supporting furniture).

I highly recommend this DAC as long as you are prepared to 'pamper' it with good connecting equipment. It really is night and day if you don't feed it the right goods. Funny how such and old DAC (in fact the first external DAC in the World) is still very competitive with the very best (in my opinion). It was born in 1988 and now it's nearly 2020 !!

As I said earlier on I am considering getting it upgraded even though it sounds good as is.

Meh. Pair of properly fettled SBLs will see them off.

Meh. Pair of properly fettled SBLs will see them off.

Come up and have a listen Hugh. It’ll blow your mind just like mine has been today:D I’ve a bottle of 15 yo Springbank waiting for you.

Seriously, these speakers are just “off the charts” good.

Any other local PFMers want to drop by just PM me. Angus (Amber Audio) is coming in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back