advertisement

Classic Movies

And that Tag watch!

A bit massive, though. The new "Monaco" is even bigger. What I liked was the hat the Porsche team manager wore. Any idea what it is called? Cotton trilby, perhaps? I'd want it without the Porsche logo, of course.

The Outlaw Josey Wales, finest Western ever made, Clint Eastwood at his best and the rest of the cast were superb notably Chief Dan George.

I remember lying on a hotel bed in a seriously post-prandial state many years ago - around thirty-five probably - watching a midnight movie called Joe MacBeth (Macbeth set in the ‘30s US underworld) and wondering how I could be hallucinating so badly as to imagine the Banquo character was being played by Sid James.

I saw that many many years ago at university. As part of our drama course we were shown lots of film versions of Shakespeare's plays, some good, some less good, and some, like Joe MacBeth, that were just plain weird. There was another film of Macbeth made a few years back which was set on a Birmingham housing estate (and titled 'Macbeth on the Estate', so it does what it says on the tin).

The Night of the Hunter, Charles Laughton's masterpiece.
The Longest Day.The Duke.
The Killers. Marvin at his menacing best.
Radio On-off beat one this staring Sting...

I’ve also watched a lot of Sellers’ films on Talking Pictures recently. Odd how his work splits into pre-Britt (great) and post-Britt (mediocre.) Puts me in mind of someone else.

Rod Stewart?

Edit: It's just occurred to me that's who you were probably referring to.

Dunno if I'd count it as 'great' or 'classic', but for sheer entertainment 'Big Wednesday'.. best surf film I've seen.

advertisement

Back