advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed that too - can't remember if it was on Prime or Netflix. Currently watching Season 1 of Dark.

I have neither of those. Went to the VC museum at Doncaster to watch it (and spotted Netflix in the corner of the screen). Rusty Firmin introduced and took questions afterwards. He was the squad leader who shot the terrorist on the stairs.

Started to watch Line of Duty 5 on Netherlands Netflix and got about half way through. Went to watch the rest last night and suddenly it has disappeared! Anyone else noticed this? Only seasons 3 and 4 there now.

Currently watching season 3 of The Crown. I haven’t watched the previous two seasons but the rest of the family had so I thought I’d give it a go.

I think it’s magnificent. I’ve just finished watching episode 6 (I think?) which includes the Moon landing and focuses on Prince Philip’s fascination and admiration of the astronauts. Tobias Menzies (who plays Prince Philip) gives a monologue near the end of the episode which floored me.

Safe to say I’ll be watching the previous seasons. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

I watched the last four episodes of The Man in the High Castle on the bounce last night and not for the first time did I find myself believing Rufus Sewell seemed to be acting as though he believed he was Smith - boy, the man can act! I know that's what acting is all about, but sometimes there are moments and actors that deliver better than others and I saw glimpses of that level of performance from Sewell again last night. Suffice to say, the whole series is recommended.

I had two episodes of the Man in the High Castle left to watch, and did so last night. Brilliant! A shame it had to end, but well worth a second viewing of the whole series in a couple of months' time. I agree with your views on Rufus Sewell, Mr windhoek; indeed, The whole cast did a very superior job in my view.

7 episodes of S3 of The Crown watched. No let up in quality from the previous series, for me.
Just finished S3 this afternoon. Magnificent. Not as feel-goody as S2, but moving, informative and thought provoking. Erin Doherty and Tobias Menzies stood out in a superb cast. Sad that there’s nothing remotely as good as this on the BBC.

I need to give The Man in the High Castle a go. Get some value out of the Prime membership. I was watching Preacher but that quickly turned into aimless tosh. Anybody watching Watchmen? It's shaping up rather nicely as a sequel to the original story and in creating its own alternative history.

the crown.

season 1 - very good
season 2 - so-so
season 3 - episode 1 = banality with a topical touch of mccarthy rehabilitation

a side note:

even though i am no fan of the monarchy, i have to admit that the young QEII was an attractive woman and the season 3 casting makes absolutely no sense.

photo from 1964:

d40d91b47bbc1e3fb9abd350a2b1f0d5.jpg

We watched episode three of "The Crown" last night, which was incredibly sad and superbly crafted. As someone who remembers the Aberfan disaster very well, and knew the town, I found myself reliving those awful days all over again. The transition from Claire Foy to Olivier Coleman jarred at first, but the latter's high-quality acting prowess soon overcame this. Wonderful television.

I need to give The Man in the High Castle a go. Get some value out of the Prime membership. I was watching Preacher but that quickly turned into aimless tosh. Anybody watching Watchmen? It's shaping up rather nicely as a sequel to the original story and in creating its own alternative history.

I've been watching the Watchmen. It's growing on me. I'm a fan of book and film. They keep throwing in snippets from the book so I had re-read it as I found it confusing.

Not sure what someone who has never seen either of the previous versions would make of it.

Stephen

I can thoroughly recommend THE RED HOUSE (1947) - currently on Amazon Prime. I'd not seen it before but a friend flagged it up to me. Excellent dark drama.

Mick

Currently watching season 3 of The Crown. I haven’t watched the previous two seasons but the rest of the family had so I thought I’d give it a go.

I think it’s magnificent. I’ve just finished watching episode 6 (I think?) which includes the Moon landing and focuses on Prince Philip’s fascination and admiration of the astronauts. Tobias Menzies (who plays Prince Philip) gives a monologue near the end of the episode which floored me.

Safe to say I’ll be watching the previous seasons. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

completely agree.
I can’t understand the savaging the reviewers have given it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back