advertisement

Black Friday 2019

seagull

Seabird flavour member
Well, I suppose like the rest of you I have started receiving news on Black Friday deals. I know that 'officially' it is next Friday but I've already bagged a bargain...

My employer gives staff John Lewis vouchers each year (previous years have resulted in a Le Crueset casserole dish and a substantial saving on a smart TV for Miss seagull).

Our 8 year old iPad has ground to a halt, so this year I have bought a Samsung tablet to replace it. Its retail price is £199.

https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-g...3TbAoFbsceWevOEX9EMaAs_7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

The 'Black Friday' price £159, vouchers worth £150 so it has cost me the princely sum of £9. :D

I'll pick it up from our local Waitrose, together with the shopping tomorrow afternoon.

Good idea for a thread. Please actually post links to any bargains found as a lot of businesses do pay link affiliation which considerably helps pfm.

Presumably 'Black Friday' is tat that isn't quite as bad as the stuff tipped out after Boxing Day?

I keep trying to work out how to make Black Friday to my advantage as a retailer. If I did it across the entire range like some do, all that would happen is my customers would pause purchasing and wait to get it cheaper, hitting my gross margins without actually developing the brand in any way. So far I have ignored it and found sales are steady with a decent spike on Black Friday anyway...it has become apparent that it really marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping spend. Sales increase on Black Friday and stay strong until about the 20th December

I can only come up with re-labelling my clearance items as something like Black Friday Specials or something. But as I sell nearly twice as much stuff as the day before without doing anything, I cant really be bothered.

YAmaha Musiccast MC470 mini system with speakers. £289 down from £450.

Kitchen setup? Mini CD! DAB! FM, plus Networked music support (nas etc), streaming spotify, Qobuz, stream to other devices via Music cast. AIrPlay and Bluetooth. This is well featured and with Yamaha quality, could be ideal all in one secondary rig.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KIGWR5Q/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I keep trying to work out how to make Black Friday to my advantage as a retailer. If I did it across the entire range like some do, all that would happen is my customers would pause purchasing and wait to get it cheaper, hitting my gross margins without actually developing the brand in any way. So far I have ignored it and found sales are steady with a decent spike on Black Friday anyway...it has become apparent that it really marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping spend. Sales increase on Black Friday and stay strong until about the 20th December

I can only come up with re-labelling my clearance items as something like Black Friday Specials or something. But as I sell nearly twice as much stuff as the day before without doing anything, I cant really be bothered.

That's where yer SEO type consulting should offer advice. BF deals on highly niche products may get lost in the furore. You may be better doing flash one day sales on certainnbiker forums etc.

All I've bought so far is this Sandisk 128GB USB drive for £13.49 so that I can have some music plugged directly into my bedroom Nvidia Shield TV rather than having to stream it over network.

I wouldn't mind buying a new phone as well to replace my Google Nexus 4 but modern phones have grown considerably since I bought it 6 or 7 years ago and are no longer pocket-friendly!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Need a new Tele for the kids to play Xbox as they currently use my old Plasma. On the flip side it heats the room for them...God it must chew the juice!

Last edited:
8tb Western Digital external drive for £113
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LWVT81X/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Ordered, from reading around it normally a WD Red, perfect for sticking a few into a NAS if thats your cup of tea.

Best price ever according to CamelCubed:
gXzFy5L.png

Nice iPad for the cash, though it is model prior to the current 2018 one, i.e. it will be two versions behind when the next is released early next year.

and I did a quick google (because I don’t know a lot about the product line) to find they’re price matching Curry’s.

Johnny Walker Black £18.99 on Prime next day delivery.
Fans of JW Black should try Aldi Highland Black at about £12 iirc. It's pretty good and a similar style. If you don't like it you can always give it to people who want to have it with Coke. In sharp contrast is Aldi Gin that doesn't taste of very much and is best disregarded. Gordon's is a million times better. The Aldi stuff is OK for a run of the mill G&T, go big on the ice and the fruit and nice tonic and you might get away with it. Otherwise no.

I get a mountain gorilla or two every Black Friday. No discount or two-for-one deals, but that’s kinda the point.

Joe

advertisement

Back