advertisement

Teddypardo ND555 & NDS power supply is here

Hound

pfm Member
As above just had a email about it.
It uses a standard XPS on the digital side and a special 2nd XPS plus on the analogue side.
Will be interesting to see how it performs for £1500 for both units, but this price is a pre-launch price level that will be only valid until the end of the year.

Update
It looks like i will be getting one to try and will be comparing it against my Naim 555dr and my chc555 ( with the upgrade Mundorf capacitor ) on my NDS, but will also be trying it on the ND555.
It will be very interesting to see how it compares to both these other power supplies, as these are its competitors and to give an extra insight to it, i will also ask my good friend to join in and give his expert experience.

Last edited:
Hi Hound, this sounds very exciting so am looking forward to hearing how you get on. I'm hoping that this the thing Teddy alluded to on his recent Facebook 1,2,3,4,555 post. If it is his version of the 555 power supply then I'm hoping to use it on my CDS3 in place of my Teddy XPS but being a bit ignorant on such things are you saying it will be 2 boxes,each with a Burndy (CDS3 only supports one) or are the two XPSs combined into a single socket?

It sounds as if it’s a second box with a second output. So essentially two XPSs linked together and able to feed both power inputs of an NDS, but not a 555-level upgrade for single input devices like a CDS3 or NDX.

But that might be a misreading, and it’ll be interesting to see what Hound has to say when the unit(s) turn up.

Moohah, for you as you already have a teddypardo XPS, you will use that on input 1 of a NDS and then buy a second special XPS plus that is just for the second connection.
So would be a cheap upgrade for you.
I am also interested in trying the mixing off them, as quite a few NDS & ND555 owners will be using a naim 555 ps already, and as buying a second naim 555 ps just to use 2 power rails and the rest left un used, very costly. This could be a great upgrade as well.

I was about to sell my chc555 ps, as i have a naim 555dr ps. I dont have space for the extra power supply, but like the uplift it brings and the new teddy XPS plus could well be just what i am looking for. But i need to keep it a bit longer, as need to compare them all

Moohah, for you as you already have a teddypardo XPS, you will use that on input 1 of a NDS and then buy a second special XPS plus that is just for the second connection.
So would be a cheap upgrade for you.
I am also interested in trying the mixing off them, as quite a few NDS & ND555 owners will be using a naim 555 ps already, and as buying a second naim 555 ps just to use 2 power rails and the rest left un used, very costly. This could be a great upgrade as well.

I was about to sell my chc555 ps, as i have a naim 555dr ps. I dont have space for the extra power supply, but like the uplift it brings and the new teddy XPS plus could well be just what i am looking for. But i need to keep it a bit longer, as need to compare them all

Hound
I have an NDS powered by a TeddyXPS - so would be very interested to learn of your impressions of adding the Teddy XPS Plus (I presume you have a similar set up?)

Apart from the Burndy 2 cable, what is the difference between the TXPS and the TXPS+ units?

Well exciting times, as i came home today to find a big box from Israel.
Yep its here, the new twin box 555 supply from teddypardo.

It will come as no surprise to anyone thats had one of his power supplies before, it looks just like any other, which is good if you have a few others as it will match nicely. Quite heavy and soild feeling and feels quality in your hand.

Got them both plugged into the mains and going to leave them a good 24 hours to warm up, before i hook them up to the NDS.
I am looking forward to hearing them and the separation they bring as standard, as being a twin box that must make a nice difference and maybe it gives it an unfair advantage over the other two?
O yes the other two, that will be naims own 555dr that i currently use and i also have a CHC555 with the upgrade Mundorf capacitors that will be joining in, so should be fun.

One last thing, i will try and give my honest opinion, i am just a hifi guy, that likes music and i dont have any connection to teddypardo, naim or chc. I will do my best to try and explain the difference i can hear in all 3.

Best also say what i will be comparing them on.
NDS, standard naim cables, streaming and hires play back.
Melco N100 with upgrade separate power supply.
Naim 500dr
Naim 552dr
PMC fact 12 speakers with iso acoustic isolation feet
Whichhat phantom speaker cable.
Whichhat morgana XLR between amp and pre amp
Separate 10mm mains/ consumer unit. Mcru mains cables from 6 way block.

I have 24bit down loads that i can use along with 16bit. Plus i have ripped CD's all on the melco.
Think thats it for now, but cant wait to get started

Cheers dunc

Hi joe, so am i, the temptation to get it in the system now is quite strong. Its just sitting there, both green lights on, waiting lol
But i should really let it warm up first

Yeah, exiting indeed

Pity the chc 555 psu is somehow bodged, otherwise a friend would have been interested if clean original.

I believe the upgraded capacitors mentioned are an optional upgrade during manufacture by CHC.

So it’s not so much bodged as it is just the better model.

I believe the worry was based on the fact, that electronic was moved to another box and then back again.

I'm not sure he was aware of the capacitor upgrade option by chc.

Bodged err no, its in a nice naim olive case rather than the rather normal looking standard one they come in, no wires got cut etc all that happened was it got un bolted from one and moved over.
I still have the original case that it could get put back in, but to be fair its much nicer in this case and i am going to leave it in it.

Plus sean at chc will even build it in the naim case if you supply him one, i put pics up at the time i did it and sean even replied saying what a good job i had made off it.

I will be selling it for £2500 which is a great saving on the new price as i have the upgrade capacitors plus a nicer case and going into a naim system it just fits in much nicer and looks the part.

Right back to the teddy 555.
It looks the same as all the other power supplies, the only difference is the connections on the back for the burndy cables. One box is for socket 1 and the other box socket 2, they are clearly marked up, so no problem there.
I would love to add pics but i have tried in the past and failed every time for some reason.

I have just nipped home and the boxes have warmed up abit, but i have got to go back out to work and hope i get back in time to give them a try

Hound

Please can you try to give your impression of the NDS powered oloey by the TXPS - and then whatteh TXPS+ adds?

advertisement

Back