advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Le Jeu (Nothing To See) Netflix

My wife wanted to watch this, a group of old friends meet for dinner, and to show they are not hiding anything from their partners, they all allow their cell phone messages and calls to be viewed/heard by the group while they eat.

Obviously, my heart sinks, but I capitulate.

The events are as predictable as I ... er ... predicted, but the thing was very well done. Fast paced, funny/sad etc. The whole of the film takes place in real-time in one location and so will probably be easy to remake versions for all other markets.

Surprisingly good, and recommended.

Anyone been watching the beeb's latest mini series of War Of The Worlds?

Quite a bit of hype of being closer to the original book or mood thereof.

Once getting over the initial joy of all the original place names being used, an area I grew up in, the hard reality of a poorly executed love story taking centre stage really drags the entire proceedings down.

What should/could have been a chance to finally visualise the story in its original setting and tell the tale close to the original has been totally squandered.
A lightweight and overly drawn out pile of drivel, with the real story playing second fiddle to needless twaddle.

Total disappointment really is an understatement.
The chances of getting it this wrong were a million to one but still they did!

Anyone been watching the beeb's latest mini series of War Of The Worlds?

Quite a bit of hype of being closer to the original book or mood thereof.

Once getting over the initial joy of all the original place names being used, an area I grew up in, the hard reality of a poorly executed love story taking centre stage really drags the entire proceedings down.

What should/could have been a chance to finally visualise the story in its original setting and tell the tale close to the original has been totally squandered.
A lightweight and overly drawn out pile of drivel, with the real story playing second fiddle to needless twaddle.

Total disappointment really is an understatement.
The chances of getting it this wrong were a million to one but still they did!

I didn’t think this had been released yet? Where have to seen it?

Yup, the beeb 3 parter due to air in the UK on the 17th.
As said above, already a done deal in some areas, last month.
Not heard of the Fox one, any good compared to other USA renditions?

Yup, the beeb 3 parter due to air in the UK on the 17th.
As said above, already a done deal in some areas, last month.
Not heard of the Fox one, any good compared to other USA renditions?

My mistake. Sounds disappointing, I was looking forward to it.

I’ve been enjoying Bridget & Eamon on Amazon Prime. An Irish comedy from RTE. Flagged to me by a friend who said it was almost as funny as Father Ted. I don’t think it’s anywhere near that (if you don’t like Father Ted that might appeal!) but it certainly has its moments, if you’re in the mood for a very silly comedy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5237818/

Mick

Has anyone else seen the new Star Wars tv series? Only episode one so far but it’s already better than any of the last five movies.

'Big Little Lies' s1 and even better S2. Great characters, great soundtrack.

'Boardwalk Empire'. Better than Peaky Blinders imo. The Scorsese sets and production is awesome.

Just back from seeing Six Days. It’s a watchable 90 mins about the Iranian Embassy Siege. It was introduced by Rusty Firmin who answered questions after the film,

Jack Reacher is back on Prime (I told myself I wouldn't watch it but I crumbled... and it was maybe a tad better than the first season). I started watching season 4 of The Man in the High Castle yesterday and I'll happily see it through to the end.

The Irishman is coming to Netflix soon and season 4 of The Good Place is already showing on Netflix but old school: one episode a week! I'm holding out till I can watch all episodes over a week or whatever.

The French detective and legal series Spiral finished last night on BBC Four. The 7th season was completely gripping. They know how to create drama in the EU.

Caroline Proust, who plays Captain Laure Berthaud in what is called Engrenages in France, has possibly the worst hair in Paris.

Jack

The French detective and legal series Spiral finished last night on BBC Four. The 7th season was completely gripping. They know how to create drama in the EU.

Caroline Proust, who plays Captain Laure Berthaud in what is called Engrenages in France, has possibly the worst hair in Paris.

Yet another exceptionally good series of Spiral. Series 8 has just finished filming and I can’t wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back