advertisement

Bluetooth antenna?

stevec67

pfm Member
I've recently got hold of a little Chinese preamp that has 3 x RCA inputs and a Bluetooth antenna. It's great. However I think I prefer my main pre, partly because it runs my sub. However the main pre has no BT input, can I buy a BT antenna that plugs into an RCA so I can use BT into any amp?

No, BT antenna is just the external part. It us connected inside to a sophisticated bit of electronics that actualky receives, processes and outputs the audio signal.

You can get a small external BT receiver with RCA outs and connect it to any PRE for BT funcionality. The reveiver will have all the parts above in a small chassis. Get the new BT5.0.

That's the kind of thing, yes. Thanks. It shows up the bargain the amp is - 3 RCAs, BT, mains power supply, remote, £42.

I've had a few really cheap ones, and none of them reliably connect with my phone when I switch BT on.

My soundcore speaker and AT headphones connect flawlessly, so some receivers are much better than others.

That looks good Dmitri and what I was looking for. However for the same money I can get 3 x line level inputs, 1 x BT, and in a remote control pre that sounds great! I think I've done rather well.

Can you provide a link?

I've recently got hold of a little Chinese preamp that has 3 x RCA inputs and a Bluetooth antenna. It's great. However I think I prefer my main pre, partly because it runs my sub. However the main pre has no BT input, can I buy a BT antenna that plugs into an RCA so I can use BT into any amp?

Thanks,

Even though this one is BT receive only, the value for money is amazing- assuming it works well. I noticed there are other BT preamps listed with similar features, but using different chipsets.

Good to know. How on earth do they do it at that price?
Christ only knows. Add in that it has a nice solid feeling case, none of your wibbly wobbly pressed steel biscuit tins. Honestly, if you put a Naim logo on it you could add a 5 in front of the 42 pounds and it would fly out of the door. In fact no, a Naim pre, 3 channels +BT? First figure is a 1 with 3 others after it. Yet this is £42. It's literally the price of dinner for 2.

Worth a try for £2?
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=133193166346
Could make for a great cheap system plugged into one of those £2 TDA7297 amps into some nice little cheap speakers and fed from a phone.

Edit to add:
I do have one on the way, tracking says it's in the country, so "soon" to be here I hope. My cunning plan to knock together a battery powered cheap as chips system is nearly complete.....

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Mine arrived a few minutes ago and so far so good. Got it working easily, my Nokia 1 found it and is now feeding it some Led Zep.
All powered by a usb battery bank thingy, the amp too, via a 12v usb boost (Edit: 12v to the amp, the bluetooth module straight from 5v usb), all feeding into a pair of JBL control 1's. Sounds great. I can't believe the VFM of this setup. Hell I've spent more on just a few resistors than this whole system cost=)

bluetoothsys by dik_dolan, on Flickr

advertisement

Back