advertisement

Snow Patrol Reworked

hi, when i first heard about this, i thought what a laugh, meaning when a band is all out of idea's for music and lyrics, all you have to do is re-hash some of your old songs, job done, is this what it has come too, doing cover versions of your own music, what a scam,,

Have you listened to it? Totally disagree that it’s a scam. Not really much different to Unplugged albums or Chvrches Hansa Sessions in concept.

i must admit i do like the unplugged albums, got a few, waiting for ACDC to do one, but that is totally different,
and the other stuff you are on about i will have to google and youtube it,

Last edited:
I’m a big Snow Patrol fan. Love this reworked album. Plus ‘I Think Of Home’ is a real tear jerker for anyone with Irish connections.

hi, when i first heard about this, i thought what a laugh, meaning when a band is all out of idea's for music and lyrics, all you have to do is re-hash some of your old songs, job done, is this what it has come too, doing cover versions of your own music, what a scam,,
I liked them when they first came out. They are not the most technical gifted guitar players mostly strumming after a while it becomes boring. Some people are into that which is fine.

I liked them when they first came out. They are not the most technical gifted guitar players mostly strumming after a while it becomes boring. Some people are into that which is fine.
Don’t agree, as a guitarist myself, but you are obviously entitled to your opinion.

I just popped to QObuz to check out the SP record and then got distracted by the latest Coldplay double CD. It seems they've ditched the 'millennial whoop friendly' auto tuned stadium anthems approach, for something a little looser and more dynamic sounding. Not quite back to 'Parachutes', but a decent improvement on first listen. Playing now.

On SP, my niece used to love Chasing Cars when she was a baby, so I have fond memories. I also recall seeing SP perform live with Martha Mainwright, the very excellent "Set the fire to the third bar" live on TV (Later With...?), and being very impressed. Adding that to Play Next at my desk. Will report back.

Don't you just love the immediacy of streaming? Not having to wait until the weekend to get to the stores...

Yep love Tidal and finding a new release in there same day. Saw SP in Paris many years ago, brilliant long weekend over there.

Good find nonetheless. Fell out of favour with them a bit over the last couple of albums. Not sure I would call 'Disaster Button' slower and less racy than Coldplay though. Try that song on your system full blast and see whether you chicken out. Seen them live in Australia over 10 years ago.

On listening to Reworked first time, I was left a little underwhelmed, and was disappointed with a couple of the renditions. On second playing, I enjoyed it more.

For threadcrappers, I think it safe to say that if SP are not your bag, then Reworked is unlikely to be nipple-hardening stuff for you.

I've not listened to this album, but as a concept I'm all for musicians reworking earlier pieces. They grow, mature, gain better/different skills and I think that it can be interesting to see what they're capable of as mature, less naive performers. Many artists; musicians and visuals artists, tend to revisit a small set of motifs throughout their career anyway, so I suppose this 'Reworked" idea is a more explicit way of declaring that.

I've not listened to this album, but as a concept I'm all for musicians reworking earlier pieces. They grow, mature, gain better/different skills and I think that it can be interesting to see what they're capable of as mature, less naive performers. Many artists; musicians and visuals artists, tend to revisit a small set of motifs throughout their career anyway, so I suppose this 'Reworked" idea is a more explicit way of declaring that.

The Unplugged movement is a great example of this. Not all work, but when they do, it often betters the originals IMO.

Alice in Chains is my fav unplugged.

advertisement

Back