advertisement

I did it on my iPhone

With Pineapple, the whole fruit of course.:eek:
49044217312_641d68880a_o.png

Until they came along all vacuum cleaners were Hoovers.
People still commonly use the word Hoover, I regularly Hoover the carpet with my Dyson but I’ve never Dysoned the carpet with a Hoover.

Sadly the last Hoover I bought was tragically crap, barely picked anything up and then broke in two, literally. I replaced it with a Vax model which picked up very well but also broke in two (eBay was awash with the Axle mechanism to repair them), I gave it to my nephew who fixed it and bought a Dyson ball, which has been worth every penny.

Not into mentioning that I use an iPhone as I don't believe it is better or worse than other phones, just different and it suits my needs so is my choice.

That said, I must admit that the only people I meet in business who I think are complete tossers always also seem to be advocates of Android phones who say stupid things like 'Who in their right mind would buy an iphone in the first place?'

Some people spend more time looking at the specs and shortcomings of all the smartphones than they do looking at a new house or car.

Perhaps attaching logic to people is silly?

Not into mentioning that I use an iPhone as I don't believe it is better or worse than other phones, just different and it suits my needs so is my choice.

That said, I must admit that the only people I meet in business who I think are complete tossers always also seem to be advocates of Android phones who say stupid things like 'Who in their right mind would buy an iphone in the first place?'
I've tried all three. Had a Nokia Windows phone, that I quite liked, but the web browsing and WiFi was clunky so I hardly ever bothered, and setting up email was a bit of a faff. Then I got a Sony (Android) which was irredeemably awful in ways too numerous to count. And I have my doubts about both the inherent security of the Android OS, and Google's innate tendency to hoover up data on its users. I'd have to spend ages buried in the settings setting defaults to 'off' and would always have that nagging feeling that I'd missed something, somewhere.

Then I got an iPhone (a 6s Plus from the classifieds on here, nothing fancy) and setting up email was a doddle, browsing is a doddle, security is a given, compared to rivals, and Apple, as a matter of corporate policy, seems to take its users' privacy and security more seriously than the others.

So to all those who say 'why do all these drones unthinkingly buy iPhones?' I just say ' don't count me in with the drones'.

I've tried all three. Had a Nokia Windows phone, that I quite liked, but the web browsing and WiFi was clunky so I hardly ever bothered, and setting up email was a bit of a faff. Then I got a Sony (Android) which was irredeemably awful in ways too numerous to count. And I have my doubts about both the inherent security of the Android OS, and Google's innate tendency to hoover up data on its users. I'd have to spend ages buried in the settings setting defaults to 'off' and would always have that nagging feeling that I'd missed something, somewhere.

Then I got an iPhone (a 6s Plus from the classifieds on here, nothing fancy) and setting up email was a doddle, browsing is a doddle, security is a given, compared to rivals, and Apple, as a matter of corporate policy, seems to take its users' privacy and security more seriously than the others.

So to all those who say 'why do all these drones unthinkingly buy iPhones?' I just say ' don't count me in with the drones'.

I completely agree with you about Android and while some people may be happy with it and fair play to them, the concerns you have were also my concerns. I work in innovation consultancy and can tell you that many top software people share our concerns. These aren't people with an axe to grind,they are boffin types looking at the OS from a purely technical perspective. The iPhone may be expensive and is not immune to issues, but Apple do seem to be on it as far as sorting problems out goes and certainly where privacy is concerned.

advertisement

Back