advertisement

Dublin Audio Show

LC Audio

Trade: LC Audio
Just heard there will be a small Audio show in Dublin, in the Burlington Clayton next weekend. Starting Saturday 16th @ 11:00 a.m.

Naim Statement's first showing in Ireland

LC

Just heard there will be a small Audio show in Dublin, in the Burlington Clayton next weekend. Starting Saturday 16th @ 11:00 a.m.

Naim Statement's first showing in Ireland

LC

I saw that, but is it a Naim only show?
Might be worth a look anyway.

I plan to attend, as I live on the west coast of Ireland and the nearest proper hi fi shop is in Dublin (a 300 mile round trip). Looking forward to hearing some streaming kit, as I need to get up to speed with whats involved and the various options.

It was a great show when it was on the last time (about 8 years ago probably). Devaliet was there powering some Wilson Watt Puppies. The demo was very popular, it was probably the star of the show. Was very few at the time. Will try and get there this time too.

It must have been 2004 the last time I was there. PMC had the BB5-XBDA’s setup in a big room. That was very impressive.

Was last there many years ago when Primare were showcasing their gear using System Audio speakers. A match made in heaven and IMO the best bang for buck set up at the show and by some distance.
Pity System Audio speakers never got a foothold in the market in these parts. They are incredible.

Yes, it was normally Cloney Audio's show in the past - really great dealer here - but curious to see Linn there too - so must be some others involved.

Cloney distributed/sold System Audio here (in Ireland) and I borrowed some to demo once, they were great speakers - shame they are not better known.

Is there any information available on what products will be demonstrated?

All a bit confusing. Cloney say they are not the organisers, Rega 'suggest' enquiries to Lyric but Lyric themselves say they will be exhibiting. No obvious website.

Admission free, according to Cloney, tickets available to purchase on the door according to Linn!

Lyric are the distributor for Rega in Ireland (both NI and RoI) - so that connection makes sense and they are - believe it or not - the only full scale Linn dealer across all of Ireland (covering ~6.5m people now!)

After doing my normal grumpy old man moan about not being given notice of this I wound my neck in and have booked a long weekend to Dublin so will probably go both Saturday and Sunday . If any other fishes are attending drop me a line and let me know we can i am sure meet up for a chat , a drink or just to put a face to the name .

advertisement

Back