advertisement

Hifi that gives you "the fizz"

Vu meters make me ‘look’ at the music instead of listening to it........must be the reason why I also leave the grills on my speakers !
I also leave my grills on. I spent many hazy years in and out of recording studios. I suspect it is that.

Got that.

file.php

Therefore I'd like an SE-A1 now.

http://www.audioscope.net/technics-sea1-mint-p-2821.html
Now that was the one that set me off in Fanthorpes Hull when I was about 11 years old. It was there for ages. Mesmerizing.

I just checked the prices:eek:

None whatsoever. Music does that, not the nuts and bolts (and valves) that produce it.

I have never been into or remotely impressed with mine is bigger than yours, arguments.

The music IS the overall "thing" - but I find that some audio aesthetics leave me significantly unimpressed. For some reason I like big black lumps of musical happiness.

None whatsoever. Music does that, not the nuts and bolts (and valves) that produce it.

I have never been into or remotely impressed with mine is bigger than yours, arguments.
For the most part, this is me, but the kit does have to look neat in my room, but musical enjoyment is what does it for me. It’s amazing what a decent system can do with an album like Clapton Unplugged, it definitely gives me “the fizz”, although to be clear, “the fizz” in my head, chest and arms... not lower down.

I had an old valve amp that had bad earthing and insulation - it definitely gave me the fizz when I touched it.
:) Ah the good old days! I haven’t had a shocking experience from audio equipment for ages, other than just how close some of it gets to the original sound and the sensations it evokes.

advertisement

Back