advertisement

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scotland should do fine as a small dependent country in the EU.

Countries like Latvia and Lithuania do well, so why not Scotland.

England only wants to leave because it sees France and Germany as competitors and not as benefactors.

Thank you for that fact check, the suggestion to move the Faslane facility would only lose 15000 jobs.

ja ja. and a nuclear accident at said faslane would lose potentially in excess of 1,000,000 lives. funny eh? makes you wonder why faslane isn't on the thames, no? i suspect we'd be very happy to hand it back.

Scotland should do fine as a small dependent country in the EU.

yes it would. we are an energy, water and skills rich country, with resources that make small nations like denmark etc envious. it is a tad wearisome, and indeed curious, that some who have no dog in this fight whatsoever, become greatly exercised over its outcome.

Funny, I dreamed last night about Scotland becoming independent. Crazy as I live on the other side of the world and have never been there.

My outsider's view is that the UK is run by toddlers and influential unts with a c in front; that the referendum was ridiculous in conception and a mighty cock-up; and that Brexit will a disaster on top of a burgeoning train wreck it's already created without even happening. Under these conditions the eventual breakup of the UK seems inevitable to me - Scotland becoming independent and NI joining the Republic.

Dreams are strange. Last night I dreamed I was in a bar watching the ITV Soap Awards, when an advert came on for a comedy horror film starring Eddie Murphy. It was called 'Megabus'.

Funny, I dreamed last night about Scotland becoming independent. Crazy as I live on the other side of the world and have never been there.

My outsider's view is that the UK is run by toddlers and influential unts with a c in front; that the referendum was ridiculous in conception and a mighty cock-up; and that Brexit will a disaster on top of a burgeoning train wreck it's already created without even happening. Under these conditions the eventual breakup of the UK seems inevitable to me - Scotland becoming independent and NI joining the Republic.
Where do you live?

Strictly speaking it’s a matter for the people of Scotland. It’s heartening though that it draws so much external interest. If England had chosen to leave the UK, I’d regard that as entirely their decision.
Let's broaden it to who thinks we should dismantle the union....every man for himself what!

Being partly Scottish, partly English and partly Irish, I'm about 50% on the Braveheart scale. I embody the United Kingdom, apart from Wales, which is only a Principality anyway.

Being partly Scottish, partly English and partly Irish, I'm about 50% on the Braveheart scale. I embody the United Kingdom, apart from Wales, which is only a Principality anyway.
Did Boswell and Johnson share a bed as well as a tick collection as far as you know?

Yes, along with Wales, The Isle Of Man and Gibraltar.

The peoples republic of South Yorkshire should also be free.

advertisement

Back