advertisement

I did it on my iPhone

deebster

Half Man Half Biscuit
Why do so many people have to tell us that they did something on their iPhone rather than just their phone?

Do they also say they are going home in their Audi*, to watch their Panasonic?

*He he, maybe eh.

It’s a default setting in the mail client and some people don’t know how to switch it off or change it or make it more useful. In older versions of iOS, because the signature was not always visible, some people didn’t know they were actually sending it.

What Claire wrote (just because it’s your private communication doesn’t mean you can’t also be providing free advertising for Cupertino) plus some people still think that owning an iPhone says something about them, which perhaps it does.

(Sent from my iPad.)

iPhone has really become the generic term for smartphones. Clever branding and marketing by Apple.

Dauhter's just had one delivered; sucker!

Other daughter is looking round for something to recycle after her last recycled (but free) phone died.

She has the occasional day when in possession of a working phone and doesn't care.

Why do so many people have to tell us that they did something on their iPhone rather than just their phone?

Do they also say they are going home in their Audi*, to watch their Panasonic?

*He he, maybe eh.

It's the default email signature if you use your iphone for email. You have to make an effort to disable it. Hence why it's enable on so many iphones.

In my family we all have iphones - makes it easier to share apps, facetime etc. They cost $100 each - second hand, and last 3-4 years. We pay $20 a month each for the service (America has expensive cell phone plans) but I think they get enough use to warrant the expense. It's not a big expense.

I do it to set people off. Works quite well. But not as well as laughing when twice in one week all their data on an SD card of some sort disappears. Or another virus for android hits the news.

Lighthearted fun.

I have never paid for one but had 5 new ones and about to get the 6th. They seem to work adequately

advertisement

Back