advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part VI

Indeed.

Would the world be a better or worse place for your absence?

Would brexit have happened?

It's perfectly possible, often totally reasonable, to wish you had different parents.

But if you had different parents, you wouldn't have the same DNA

So you would be essentially a different person. The person that you actually are would not exist.

It's perfectly possible, often totally reasonable, to wish you had different parents.

So you would be essentially a different person. The person that you actually are would not exist.
I have, on occasion, wished that I was adopted and thus didn't share genes with my parents ;)

This is an internet thread - there is no reason to believe everything people here say than to believe anything the Prime Minister says.
Well, sincerity can vary, always. But it's verging on bad form to say so. You are basically accusing some of your fellow posters of dishonest argument, with no more than general suspicion as evidence.

# Stop Funding Hate.

Here's the twitter policy. My guess is that after a few more politicians are murdered, they'll be included as a protected group.

Wishing, hoping or calling for serious harm on a person or group of people

We prohibit content that wishes, hopes, promotes, or expresses a desire for death, serious and lasting bodily harm, or serious disease against an entire protected category and/or individuals who may be members of that category. This includes, but is not limited to:

• Hoping that someone dies as a result of a serious disease, e.g., “I hope you get cancer and die.”
  • Wishing for someone to fall victim to a serious accident, e.g., “I wish that you would get run over by a car next time you run your mouth.”
  • Saying that a group of individuals deserve serious physical injury, e.g., “If this group of protesters don’t shut up, they deserve to be shot.”
I will simply note that the policy examples are all forward-looking wishes, and thus nastier than a regretful look backward.

It's quite scary really how 'random' we are. Even with the same parents, a different conception date would have resulted in a different you. But, as The Temptations put it so eloquently: 'You might not like who you are, but you better start liking it, 'cause you sure as Hell can't be nobody else'.

No, the Great Creator installs your soul within the product of conception and even if there’s a spontaneous abortion, you’re reinstalled into a subsequent one.

I don’t wish Trump dead. I just wish he had never been spawned.

Bad form to quote one's own post, but I now feel guilty for having said this.

Yes, by using "spawn" instead of "born", I did imply that Trump was less than human. But I meant no offense to crabs, shrimps, various molluscs such as oysters and squid, or echinoderms such as sea urchins and cucumbers, amphibians such as frogs and newts, or any other aquatic egg-laying animals or insects (all of whom I hold in much higher regard than the current POTUS).

Thank you for listening and understanding. Am feeling much better now.

bot - farage headlining the bbc all day today. and of course blojo. no real mention of corbyn either. pretty skewed i'd say. or is it me that's biased?

bot - farage headlining the bbc all day today. and of course blojo. no real mention of corbyn either. pretty skewed i'd say. or is it me that's biased?

I only see TV news once in a blue moon when I visit either parent and they have the TV on, today was such a day. I saw Corbyn on the BBC News at the same time as the others talking about his green housing plan thingy and him commenting on Frog Face deciding not to stand, it all looked equal share to me.

I saw an interview with Farage I think on BBC maybe Sky. Pathetic, like a child writing his Xmas wish list. He just wants a Brexit for Xmas. No policy just Brexit. A decent reporter could tear him to shreds. He is just allowed to spew out stupidity and the reporter stands gapping in awe at such idiocy.
Brexit is like a small Xmas surprise. It comes in a box you just open the box and there it is all done. No assembly required.

Why not even ask him immediately why he ran away the minute the result came in. Troll him about just being a hurler on the ditch taking a large salary spewing bile against all. He is the master of moaning about all but takes no responsibility.

I saw an interview with Farage I think on BBC maybe Sky. Pathetic, like a child writing his Xmas wish list. He just wants a Brexit for Xmas. No policy just Brexit. A decent reporter could tear him to shreds. He is just allowed to spew out stupidity and the reporter stands gapping in awe at such idiocy.
Brexit is like a small Xmas surprise. It comes in a box you just open the box and there it is all done. No assembly required.

he's getting platformed by a willing bbc it would seem. completely unchallenged. and this despite it so obviously being the case that he is not standing for election because he knows he's unelectable. in fact his failure rate in elections appears to closely match blojo's failure rate in the commons. what a lovely symmetry for two narcissistic and toxic individuals.

he's getting platformed by a willing bbc it would seem. completely unchallenged. and this despite it so obviously being the case that he is not standing for election because he knows he's unelectable. in fact his failure rate in elections appears to closely match blojo's failure rate in the commons. what a lovely symmetry for two narcissistic and toxic individuals.
I don't think it is because they support him. He is just obnoxious and a bully , I think modern reporters today are just afraid to challenge these characters. It is easier to just let them waffle on rather then take them on. It is so blindingly obvious he brings nothing to the table but empty rhetoric. Can they not find a Greta Thurnberg to let loose on him?

The training of most if not all European doctors and nurses is financed by taxpayers in their countries of origin at a very high cost to the treasury.

Shouldn't the UK pay those countries for the privelege of hiring/importing such highly qualified professionals?
Assuming that they still want to come after the Brexit blaze has subsided...

advertisement

Back