advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so confused and quite relieved I can just continue with my 20 year policy of literally voting for Jeremy Corbyn.

Britain has always been one-foot-in-one-foot-out

*ahem*

if the sane among us had any real sense, we'd all (scootland, nornirn, josey wales) just bugger off back to the eu, with both feet, and leave lil england to strut its stuff on the world stage, dominating trade an stuff. majestic. happy and glorious for evermore. a world bleeder once again.

Or it is not partisan and just takes cognisance of the facts the Tony expressed.
No, it's partisan (or a mistake).
Conservatives stand no chance in Hallam.
So no need to vote tactically to stop them.
Vote Labour or LD according to preference.
The "facts" Tony cites are irrelevant to this argument.

Until getvoting changes its recommendation for Sheff Hallam, it can't be trusted.

No, it's partisan (or a mistake).
Conservatives stand no chance in Hallam.
So no need to vote tactically to stop them.
Vote Labour or LD according to preference.
The "facts" Tony cites are irrelevant to this argument.

Until getvoting changes its recommendation for Sheff Hallam, it can't be trusted.

I guess it depends on how you define a tactical voting site. If the definition is the most likely ‘remain’ party to win in a given seat then there is no issue. I’d have thought the LDs clearly were in Sheffield Hallam, plus they are more ‘remain’ than Labour, and therefore well within the criteria. What you are arguing for is that all non-Tory or Brexit Party marginals be removed from the equation, and to my mind that is a different thing and also quite partisan.

I guess it depends on how you define a tactical voting site. If the definition is the most likely ‘remain’ party to win in a given seat then there is no issue. I’d have thought the LDs clearly were in Sheffield Hallam, plus they are more ‘remain’ than Labour, and therefore well within the criteria. What you are arguing for is that all non-Tory or Brexit Party marginals be removed from the equation, and to my mind that is a different thing and also quite partisan.

Well, yeah. I thought the idea was to stop a far-right Tory government and hard-Brexit. Anything else at this stage is partisan and creates rancour between voters that urgently need to get their shit together and cooperate.

Labour policy: second referendum with Remain on the ballot.

If one's main motivation is Remain then the following would seem obvious:

#1 Do not vote Tory.
#2 Vote/Tactically vote for a Remain party (Labour, LibDem, Green, SNP) as required.
#3 Do not attack other Remain parties (Labour, LibDem, Green, SNP).

I think Remainers need to get to that point before worrying about exactly how to tactically vote.

It gets more complicated if you are a Leave voter but not keen on the Tories :)

75302672_10156845566861275_3476921436524773376_n.thumb.jpg.b2e48990e536f10d5fb5f3e7857c2c38.jpg

Happy Die in a ditch day everyone!

Apparently, John Culshaw called Farage on LBC pretending to be Trump and talking bigly about him forming a pact with Johnson.

Or not. Hard to tell these days.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back