advertisement

£150 CD player. What would you buy?

Darren

So gentle when he tries to understand.
Just realised there isn't going to be any Internet for a while when I move to my new place. No great shakes - I'll spin some silver discs while I decorate. Don't want paint on my old Wadia 850 so I'm looking to buy a reliable old CD player.
I'm thinking Rotel 965bx, an 18 bit Sony or similar. What do you reckon? What would you buy?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Didn't realise you were oop north, my mistake It's not borrowing it's lending.

My mum still laughs about about one of my first letters after joining the army and going to basic training in Yorkshire, apparently I was confused that someone said "can I can get a lend of your boot polish"

Didn't realise you were oop north, my mistake It's not borrowing it's lending.

My mum still laughs about about one of my first letters after joining the army and going to basic training in Yorkshire, apparently I was confused that someone said "can I can get a lend of your boot polish"
You lend and I borrow Biggy. Don't make the mistake of thinking all northerners speak patois. But I'm grateful for your generosity :)

I’ve got a meridian 206 you can have for £150

On the minus side it’s got the usual display segments issue

on the plus side it’s got a trichord clock and works great.

happy to demonstrate in York

I’ve got a meridian 206 you can have for £150

On the minus side it’s got the usual display segments issue

on the plus side it’s got a trichord clock and works great.

happy to demonstrate in York
Could my courier collect from you David? And how bad is the display?

how bad is the display?
I'm not familiar with the 206 but I reckon there's a good chance it has the ubiquitous NSM display modules (as used by many CD players of that era). Replacements are possible to find if you hunt around or you can take one from a cheap donor player. Not an especially difficult repair.

How about a Marantz CD 6004 I have going spare?

Nice condition with remote and box. Reasonably local to West Lancs too. Would be under budget.

I have an Arcam Alpha in very good shape.

No remote sadly, but I do have the transit bolts so it could be posted.

Looking for what I paid - £100 plus postage.

Am near Heathrow if that helps!

I'm not familiar with the 206 but I reckon there's a good chance it has the ubiquitous NSM display modules (as used by many CD players of that era). Replacements are possible to find if you hunt around or you can take one from a cheap donor player. Not an especially difficult repair.

Yes it’s the NSM4202 module and I hadn’t realised there were now new replacements on the bay for £32.

advertisement

Back