advertisement

Naim complete...

Well done Werner — great Naim combo you got yourself!! :)

I am wondering about treating myself with a preloved 282... I already have a 250DR. I would thus need a PSU. Have you compared your “cuddly” PSU with the Naim ones? I would be curious to learn about your experience.

Cheers, and happy listening indeed!

Hallo Timo, i´m sorry but I had no chance to compare with the Naim PSU. Teddy Pardo was the result of reading a lot of opinions and no need of recapping the PSU in future. Good luck for finding a preloved 282 and happy listening.

I use a Teddy Pardo Dual Teddy Cap powering a NAC 202 & a Stageline & prefer it to a Hicap I owned. It’s difficult to put my finger on exactly what it did to the sound. Tighter, fuller maybe. But I certainly prefer the cost difference!

Well done Werner — great Naim combo you got yourself!! :)

I am wondering about treating myself with a preloved 282... I already have a 250DR. I would thus need a PSU. Have you compared your “cuddly” PSU with the Naim ones? I would be curious to learn about your experience.

Cheers, and happy listening indeed!
I use a Teddycap Plus with a 282, and I’ve been very happy with it. What I like about the TC Plus is that it replaces the NAPSC as well as the Hicap, so it keeps the number of boxes under control. (This also applies to the Dual TC.)
I did listen to my system with a HicapDR, and thought it sounded a little better than the TC Plus, but not enough to persuade me to spend the extra cash, and I’d have needed an extra shelf on the rack, too.

pleased you like the ovator s400 , they seem to sell so cheap i almost wonderd if something wrong with them !

I use a Teddycap Plus with a 282, and I’ve been very happy with it. What I like about the TC Plus is that it replaces the NAPSC as well as the Hicap, so it keeps the number of boxes under control. (This also applies to the Dual TC.)
I did listen to my system with a HicapDR, and thought it sounded a little better than the TC Plus, but not enough to persuade me to spend the extra cash, and I’d have needed an extra shelf on the rack, too.
That little bit of difference makes all the difference for me so the Hicap DR stayed with the 282 and 250DR in my system

That little bit of difference makes all the difference for me so the Hicap DR stayed with the 282 and 250DR in my system
I wouldn’t argue with that, and if you have the space, I would say get the Hicap. Still, the TC+ still allows a 282/250 to shine. I even took mine to my Naim dealer to do some comparisons there, and he was happy to concede that it sounded good.

I wouldn’t argue with that, and if you have the space, I would say get the Hicap. Still, the TC+ still allows a 282/250 to shine. I even took mine to my Naim dealer to do some comparisons there, and he was happy to concede that it sounded good.

Yes, I wouldn't argue with that too. Agreed. As mentioned earlier, the differences are not night and day. Hence, the Dual Teddycap in my system still sounds good. Small differences when I swapped between DTC and HIcap DR. I cannot recall how many times I've made the comparison as I still have both PSUs with me. I've lived with the DTC for 8 years (I still have it with me albeit unused) and the Hicap DR for 2 years. My system sounded a little smoother with the DTC and (a little) livelier with the Hicap DR, and I preferred the liveliness of the latter.

A note is my Dual Teddycap is not the latest version but the older model without any markings on the front panel.

About Ovator 400: first of all I wasn't sure if they would match my expectations, but in combination with all that naim stuff I think they do a great job. For me there is just music, no thoughts about hifi, digital, etc. For storage I use a QNAP TS112 with 500gb SSD.
Next steps: preloved Naim power line for supporting the NAP300DR, Naim Hi-line 5 connecting Naim DA and Naim NAC282, Naim DC1 for Naim HDX and DAC.
Anyone´s hearing the difference between the naim cables and others yet? Good solution for may system?

Add up the cost of those cables & you could upgrade to 2nd hand 252 for about the same investment. I tried the highline & couldn't tell any difference.

Thanks woodface, of course I'm looking for a second hand one, let me say about 250,- pounds, maybe that's worth to try. But anyway-the system sounds already very nice.

Thanks woodface, of course I'm looking for a second hand one, let me say about 250,- pounds, maybe that's worth to try. But anyway-the system sounds already very nice.
They seem to go for more than that 2nd hand. When I tried one from my dealer, I loaned it for a week, it was about £500 & I believe they are more than this now?

At the time I was contemplating getting a new telly, I decided that would be the better value option.

What attracted me to Naim in the first place was the lack of foo cables, this changed when the money men moved in.

Hi-line interconnect is a major improvement over standard cables sound-wise but they are delicate and subject to incurring damage rather easily to the plastic rings which form part of the connector assembly. I would want to see and hear one installed before buying second hand. Unlikely to find decent condition ones for less than £300 - £350.

Peter

advertisement

Back