advertisement

Trump Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendo

Prussian bot
At the rate he's going, Trump will no only be hauled before the House and Senate, now he's bucking for a tribunal at The Hague. There is surely some kind of wink wink nudge nudge understanding between Trump and Erdogan re: the Kurds. "They didn't help us with the Second World War. They didn't help us with Normandy." He may have washed his hands of the Kurds, but his hands certainly aren't clean.
Compared to Turkey's WWII contribution, the Kurds were by far exactly the same...

fox news fires shep smith for criticizing trump.

and then i see this...

fffd8bd0-23b5-11e9-aef9-7a7f3608fcfb

it must be end times

I always assumed only temps well below freezing could cause my bag to make haste for the comfort of my intestine. I was so wrong.

Still spitting out coffee whenever people who publicly advertise the people on their block list upvote the people on the list. It's absolutely Trumpian.

In a dreamy dystopian mindset, you'd almost think the increasing efforts to sow division is part of a plan to expedite collapse so the powers that be can more quickly rid themselves of meddlesome consumer bots and get on with a long, slow reboot.

In a dreamy dystopian mindset, you'd almost think the increasing efforts to sow division is part of a plan to expedite collapse so the powers that be can more quickly rid themselves of meddlesome consumer bots and get on with a long, slow reboot.

but if they rid themselves of consumer bots, what will happen to their wealth?

marky.

the original movie seems to be awful in its own right. if anything, putting cartoon signs in place of people's heads makes the violence a tiny bit less grotesque.
Right. Focus on a detached, aesthetic assessment. Focus on something, ANYTHING, to avoid looking at the reality reflected in the creation and initial consumption of this cinematic artifact.

Right. Focus on a detached, aesthetic assessment. Focus on something, ANYTHING, to avoid looking at the reality reflected in the creation and initial consumption of this cinematic artifact.

my guess is that the group of people who think the original film is OK is far larger than those who find that childish video re-make OK. both are big societal problems. i am looking at both and adding to the conversation the one that seems to be overlooked, not subtracting anything. it's pretty clear we all know how bad trump and his supporters are in this forum. if i comment on something outside of that narrow realm, it's not a challenge to our overall consensus, which doesn't really require any more debate.

p.s. almost every time you respond to one of my postings, it's as if you're auditioning for a spot on the huffington post or trying impress a vivid-haired girl at your local starbucks. one wonders what the real issue is.

I'm not entirely sure. Maybe they're counting on what they've amassed from burying their end of the economic seesaw firmly in their own yards. Or maybe specific bots -- graded by credit score -- will be herded into Retail Camps that look like underground shopping malls with a Fox News derivative playing on every screen? More likely they'll just phone up the Treasury and tell them to print more of it.

I'm not entirely sure. Maybe they're counting on what they've amassed from burying their end of the economic seesaw firmly in their own yards. Or maybe specific bots -- graded by credit score -- will be herded into Retail Camps that look like underground shopping malls with a Fox News derivative playing on every screen? More likely they'll just phone up the Treasury and tell them to print more of it.
Careful of the metaphor. The 'consumer bots' posited as becoming redundant are people, and only metaphorically bots. Their replacements might be literal bots. But actually, i see no strong reason why literal mass production and consumption need continue. From the owners point-of-view, why does the bulk of the future economy need to be much different from 'fantasy football?'

I think they've already accumulated all that there is to be had. Perhaps they're realizing it's time to shift out of accumulation mode and into defence mode. They no longer need consumers - just landscapers and yatch polishers.

I think they've already accumulated all that there is to be had. Perhaps they're realizing it's time to shift out of accumulation mode and into defence mode. They no longer need consumers - just landscapers and yatch polishers.

i keep wondering if at a certain point of climate catastrophe, they -- together with a dictator or two - will embark upon actively ridding the world of resource-consuming bots.

Sadly it wouldn't surprise me. Dictators may not be required either - just the appropriate pathogen. Hence my feeling that identifying psychopaths and keeping them away from positions of power is the most pressing problem facing humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back