advertisement

Springsteen on Graham Norton.

Saw a tweet from someone who was at the show and said Springsteen's interview was hugely edited down...lots of interesting stuff incl that he's recording with the E Street Band next year.

graham nort, that is why you have no reply's, £3,000,000 every year BBC retainer,he is shite,
I take it he's not to your liking then ;)

I think the BBC are going off the rails. Whilst Chris Evans might not have been everyones taste he is infinitely preferable to Zoe Ball and then having Fearne Cotton relieving her..... really. As for Sara Cox taking over and then having Vanessa Feltz relieving her - I despair. Both have lost listeners and IMHO need replacing. :mad:

I don't understand why Jo Whiley didn't stay with the Drive Time show....

Apologies for the thread hijack :):)

One day I might get to a Springsteen concert.

Regards

Richard

graham nort, that is why you have no reply's, £3,000,000 every year BBC retainer,he is shite,
I posted it for the benefit of Springsteen rather than Graham Norton fans. Mind Springsteen must be worth a few Bob too...and have you seen top exec pay lately!

Possibly hardcore Springsteen fans will consider this sacrilege, but I thought it was rather good (warning: weird video -- music starts around 0:53):

I thought what little Springsteen had to say was interesting and quite humorous and charismatic, I would not like to have been in James Blunt shoes

I thought what little Springsteen had to say was interesting and quite humorous and charismatic, I would not like to have been in James Blunt shoes
I don't like Blunt's music but he always makes for a good interviewee - self-deprecating and amusing.
Enjoyed his various crowd surfing failures tale, particularly calling up "Help me!" to what turned out to be a BBC cameraman when he couldn't get back on stage at Glastonbury.
His first words on sitting down after performing were something like "need a drink...have a dry mouth" in deference to Bruce.

If you haven't heard the Springsteen on Broadway album its worth a listen, very funny, eloquent and moving. I've started listening to him again after the album Western Stars, read an article on him, about his experience with depression, that's what made me listen to On Broadway, i'm glad i did :)
I remembered how full on his performances were when he was younger, I feel a lot of artist as they get older loose some of the vitality/magic the younger them had. I put that feeling to rest after his Born in the USA performance in London, electrifying!

I don't like Blunt's music but he always makes for a good interviewee - self-deprecating and amusing.
Enjoyed his various crowd surfing failures tale, particularly calling up "Help me!" to what turned out to be a BBC cameraman when he couldn't get back on stage at Glastonbury.
His first words on sitting down after performing were something like "need a drink...have a dry mouth" in deference to Bruce.

I don't like him singing at all and turned the TV off after the first few words.
I wouldn't say I'm a massive Springsteen fan, I have a few of his albums and I did go and see him when he did the Ghost of Tom Joad tour, definitely the best solo gig I've ever been too and in my top 10 gigs of my life.

advertisement

Back