advertisement

Eliud Kipchonge

I turned on the TV when Kipchoge had 1km to go... holy shit, he blew 1.59.59 out of the water - 1.59.59 or quicker in race conditions will become a reality within five years I reckon. I've stopped running entirely and although I've no ambition to swap cycling for running (I want to make sure my knees make it to old age), I'm totally inspired by what he did all the same. Good luck guys with your runs or whatever it is you're doing this weekend - may your mind overcome matter no matter what!

Astonishing feat. Amazing athletes. Any is possible.

A worthy metaphor for ‘can do’ in a tiresome sea of UK negativity, where ‘can’t do, won’t work, must fail’ all too often prevails.

An amazing feat but ever since Roger Bannister did the four minute mile and was paced I am a bit uneasy about using pace makers......miserable old sod that I am.

Astonishing feat. Amazing athletes. Any is possible.

A worthy metaphor for ‘can do’ in a tiresome sea of UK negativity, where ‘can’t do, won’t work, must fail’ all too often prevails.
Ironic, isn’t it, that your post which started out positive, quickly descended into a ‘tiresome sea of negativity’ ;)

Reactions: vuk
An amazing feat but ever since Roger Bannister did the four minute mile and was paced I am a bit uneasy about using pace makers......miserable old sod that I am.

I've never had any heart problems but still wouldn't be able to keep up. :)

Reactions: BJP
It was the ZoomX AlphaFly that done it oh and the $15m it cost to set it all up.

How times have changed since Roger Bannister sharpened his spikes and took half a day off from his Hospital job to run the first sub 4 minute mile.

p.s. not to take anything away from Eliud Kipchoge’s world class marathon runner status.

It puts the pressure on me next Sunday, for sure... :D

Seriously, though, I’ve been following Kipchoge since Breaking 2, and he is the epitome of great sportsmanship and a true beacon of human achievement. I am truly in awe of him, he is a one-off...

advertisement

Back