advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDecameron

Unicorns fart glitter.
Explanation for yesterday's events?

Tusk had given Johnson a deadline for today https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1182584774059352065

Johnson had earlier promised Tusk "to come forward with a solution that would work for all. A solution that would not only satisfy the hardcore brexiteers, but also solve our well known and legitimate objectives."

But he didn't... Quelle surprise.

So probably a mix of desperation and lies explains yesterday's optimism.
Do or dead in a ditch Johnson demands his exit from Europe on the 31st yet he asks the EU to move their deadline while he uses his considerable personal charm to threaten Varadkar

I'm not sure what your point is. Some may buy older cars out of a sense of virtue, but I doubt it covers many. As you state here, it's the reduced cost that appeals and makes it a good option.

That quickly goes as a significant incentive if you reduce supply. It's only the constant flow of new vehicles that keeps used ones affordable for many people.
Economy is also quite reliant on people buying stuff

A new electric car regains any carbon costs from manufacture within 5 years at the worst estimate.
Yep thanks for that, iI am all for electric cars.

Whilst your in research mode, could you find out and report back what percentage of uk new car sales all electric cars make up?

Red

Common sense would say economic stability and national security are better served by remaining full a senior member state of the EU. The nationalist sentiment driving ‘Brexit’ would be far better addressed by devolving government further in England to provide local accountability for managing public services, spending and infrastructure investment. The less desirable aspects can be managed by normal law enforcement.

The second two sentences are amongst the most sensible things I've seen you write here. I wrote much the same thing a few days (and a few months) ago, and Stephen Bennett came at me like a banshee. Loud silence from him this time, of course.

The first sentence is the ususal tosh, with the added icing of it contradicting, in the hypocritical sense, the second.

Yep thanks for that, iI am all for electric cars.

Whilst your in research mode, could you find out and report back what percentage of uk new car sales all electric cars make up?

Red

Current new car sales figures are not relevant. We know that diesel sales are down. All car sales are down, mostly due to Brexit.

What is relevant is future sales of EVs. They are expected to rise exponentially, especially as the number of charging points, ranges on a single charge increase and charging times decrease.

Treason
The crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.
This is in effect what Bercow and the Lib Dems are doing by offering encouragement to the EU that another referendum and remaining is an option favoured by the UK. This is undermining the elected government who are striving to get a deal which will allow us to be trading partners with our friends in Europe, and at the same time removing the federal control of the EU.
The countries of Europe need to trade to survive, lets hope common sense will prevail.

Another definition of treason is colluding with the Queen’s enemies or giving them comfort. This is exactly what Johnson, Cummings and their backers are doing.

The second two sentences are amongst the most sensible things I've seen you write here. I wrote much the same thing a few days (and a few months) ago, and Stephen Bennett came at me like a banshee. Loud silence from him this time, of course.

The first sentence is the ususal tosh, with the added icing of it contradicting, in the hypocritical sense, the second.
The only problem with that is it will be more government and more overhead. Small is beautiful is good but a reduction in Westminster and the lords needs to go with it.

Actually both points are correct and if you disagree with the first, it undermines the second. Had you said anything sensible like it I'm sure Mr Bennett would not have 'come at you' after the smelling salts had kicked in.

Getting on for two and a half years ago I started a thread that Brexit was a manifestation of English nationalism and more than one former Tory minister has described it as Far Right English Nationalism wrapped in the Union Jack. England would seem to require its independence. The British Union will end before the European one.

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/brexit-english-nationalism.201816/

Economy is also quite reliant on people buying stuff
Manufacturing jobs have almost disappeared (about 10% of GDP). Retail and delivery of new products will be in for a hit in the next 20 years. Driverless lorries or a number of lorries with 1 driver; drone delivery of parcels etc. So we don't make products, we don't repair and we don't deliver.

An observation that Bercow and Swinson appear to have overlooked when undermining our prime minister and his negotiators.
The penny whistle of parochial ignorance blows again. The Prime Minister of the current minority government is incapable of delivering a parliamentary majority. Remember- Parliament is sovereign, that’s what you voted to take back control of. The leader of one tiny opposition party and the Speaker are incapable themselves of “undermining the prime minister’s negotiations”.

Having no cards is what undermines negotiations, pretending you have just makes it look worse when reality dawns.
Bercow should be able to get on the EU gravy train but Swinson is playing a dangerous game undermining the PM. The GE is not far away and there will be a backlash.

The penny whistle of parochial ignorance blows again. The Prime Minister of the current minority government is incapable of delivering a parliamentary majority. Remember- Parliament is sovereign, that’s what you voted to take back control of. The leader of one tiny opposition party and the Speaker are incapable themselves of “undermining the prime minister’s negotiations”.
Will the electorate agree with you?

March of the curtain twitchers. I’m sure Swinson is more concerned about the threats of harm to her and her child she’s received.

now THAT"s a scary post

It's also just about the biggest load of nonsense I have ever seen on here. If the government was a government in anything but name then they would simply out vote the opposition. The problem is the government have no majority (in part due to the imbecile some call a PM sacking 21 members of his own party) and hence are sitting ducks and parliament is deadlocked. On top of that Bercow and Swinson are doing exactly the opposite of trying to betray their country meanwhile the right's new hero wants to take us into the economic dark ages to satisfy some notion of colonialism that should have been buried decades ago and because he thinks being English somehow makes him and the rest of the English better than anyone else. Anyone who thinks this deluded bit part dictator is what the country needs is as bad as he is in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back