advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Wow Clair, that is some real commitment, you are very brave and driven.

No way I would have had my face peeled off.

Pete

It’s the bravery of the truly desperate, It is not an operation that is offered/performed unless you need it. It’s hard to get across the trauma of dysphoria. Since medical transition started everything has gotten better.

The scars are absolutely dreadful (and zig zagged!) and raised where the gripper rods are going from ear to ear — but are covered by hair so all’s well. The only anxiety now is reflex habit, which recedes. I’m visually gendered correctly 100% of the time now.

Edit: and this is 7 weeks progress.

71068116_2326813644315619_3976337141327200256_o.jpg

Still a bit swole in the face and that will go down after a few months.

Last edited:
It’s the bravery of the truly desperate, It is not an operation that is offered/performed unless you need it. It’s hard to get across the trauma of dysphoria. Since medical transition started everything has gotten better.

The scars are absolutely dreadful (and zig zagged!) and raised where the gripper rods are going from ear to ear — but are covered by hair so all’s well. The only anxiety now is reflex habit, which recedes. I’m visually gendered correctly 100% of the time now.

Edit: and this is 7 weeks progress.

71068116_2326813644315619_3976337141327200256_o.jpg

Still a bit swole in the face and that will go down after a few months.
That really is remarkable, you’ve healed really well and you’re looking great. I remember speaking to you when you were at a really low ebb a few times pre transition. I’m glad to hear you’re now happy and contented in life.

Also, much respect for being so open about this. I do think it’s really important that people have some insight to help them understand what you and other people with gender dysphoria go through boxes emotionally and physically... be it takes some real bravery to be the one that opens up in such detail.

It is 8 weeks to the day. No sensation on my forehead and scalp (and I’m not expecting it any time soon 1y - 18mo) but I’m starting to be able to express with eyebrow movement more. Eye sockets and now nonexistent brow ridge feel raw but on the whole healed, the scar on my chrondolaryngioplasty (Adams Apple removal in December) is now almost invisible, the surgeons find a natural fold to slit-my-throat/make the incision In. Electrolysis is down to 35 minutes every two weeks. Winning the war on facial hair. I’ve not shaved face for a year. 200 hours of intense pain and that’s not counting the 16 sessions of punching my face with lasers before that. Septum and upper lip electrolysis is an utter bitch.

The blotchy skin on the neck is reducing as time between treatments increases and severity of sessions reduces. As my nose settles down the lips are also changing shape, it’s all very clever this facial reconstruction stuff — as swelling decreases skin pulls into a new shape. Subtle but not subtle. I like who/what I see.

Getting ready to start going into the world and being less hermit-like again. Considering job stints again. The rehabilitation of Claire Foxx seems like a good title for something.

Copying my Avatar face: Trying out the portrait depth of field thingy on my phone. I still cannot unlock it with faceID and I kinda keep it like that as a reminder that all FR systems will have a hard time, automated passport gates are still a no go. (Gait analysis is easily kiboshed with heels.)

EGiC67AWoAEDMrn

‘obligatory anarchist black and girlfriend approved lesbian asymmetric undercut’

advertisement

Back